Author Topic: 2 Questions about 5mm led  (Read 2174 times)

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
2 Questions about 5mm led
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:16:03 AM »
Yep, when i get my clear/blue psp sold, i'll buy another one and mod it (atleast try to mod it).

well, im planning ring of light with 5mm RGB led, MAYBE dual nub and trigs lighted as usual.

the site where im buying the 5mm led recommends on some chart on 5v voltage 22Ohm resistor to the RGB LED.

so, would 22Ohm resistor be good for 5mm RGB LED? and would it fit into the umd door? i'll sacrifice the umd drive if need to.

it would get the 5v from mobo.

also i would have bought SMD RGB'S but i never seen em on sale here in Finland.  :wacko:

Thanks to anyone who asnwers :#1:

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
Re: 2 Questions about 5mm led
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »
I'm not sure about the resistor but I'd get 3mm leds because 5mm's are kinda big to fit even inside the UMD drive. When you wire your led's make sure to wire them up in parralell not in a series  :tup:

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »
Yes, im not THAT noob i would wire them in series, but would the 22Ohm resistor be good? What you think?

Also the only RGB led available for me is 5mm. so will it fit? if i remove the umd cage whatever its called ?

still thanks for your reply :winker:

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
Yes, im not THAT noob i would wire them in series, but would the 22Ohm resistor be good? What you think?

Also the only RGB led available for me is 5mm. so will it fit? if i remove the umd cage whatever its called ?

I bet a 5mm could fit inside the UMD door with only taking out the UMD Reader but I'm not sure about the resistor question, use a resistor calculator and I'm sure that if you can get a resistor that is close to the amount you need then it'll be fine.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »
i bet you could fit it, you would just have to file the sides of the LED down super thin. 3mm LEDs are even hard to fit in there and have the UMD drive still work successfully. But give it a shot, with the right placement it'll probably work.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
Oh btw the person above said wire in parallel. You said you're gonna wire it in series. Just making sure...

[/
quote]

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline KEIJOIRMELI

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »

If you didn't get what i meant: I will wire em in parallel.

hope this explains it clearly enough .

edit - i'll probably remove the UMD drive cause i never going to use it, and why to use when you have Cfw and 8GB MSPD.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:57:48 AM by KEIJOIRMELI »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal