Author Topic: Need some input  (Read 1079 times)

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Need some input
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
I want to get an Acer Aspire One. Once i saw it, i know i was gonna get it. small enough to carry it with me every where. I was wondering, does anyone have this laptop? how much did you pay for it? what size HDD? how much RAM? Also, what OS does it have? Also voice your opinion about it. I want to install another GB of RAm so i can run Vista.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need some input
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »
I want to get an Acer Aspire One. Once i saw it, i know i was gonna get it. small enough to carry it with me every where. I was wondering, does anyone have this laptop? how much did you pay for it? what size HDD? how much RAM? Also, what OS does it have? Also voice your opinion about it. I want to install another GB of RAm so i can run Vista.

I have the SSD version. I've heard about Vista and XP running great with the HDD version but the SSD is incredibly cheap and slow and bottlenecks often in Windows. I upgrade to 1.5 GB of ram and am running Mac OS X 10.5.5 right now and it runs great with the SSD with journaling off. Its a great little netbook if you get the right one

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »
I want to get the HDD version, the SSD one dont have enough space for me. Also, I was wondering of the HDD is upgradeable, or does it take a special kind of HDD like the ipod 1.8"?
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
From what I assume it's just a normal 2.5 inch SATA hard drive. I have a Medion Akoya Mini E1210, a modified MSI Wind, So any netbook problems just ask me.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »
I want to get the HDD version, the SSD one dont have enough space for me. Also, I was wondering of the HDD is upgradeable, or does it take a special kind of HDD like the ipod 1.8"?
Either way that would be upgradable...
Most netbooks use regular 2.5"

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
sweet. id make a 320-500 GB netbook  :tup:
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk