Author Topic: HTC 6800 is crap help me?  (Read 896 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
HTC 6800 is crap help me?
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
I just got my new HTC 6800 2 weeks ago and I loved it up untill yesterday. I have no insurance on this phone so you guys are my only hope plz help me id apriceate it so much.

Heres my problem when ever I go to make a phone call it restarts while entering the number if I do enter the number when I press talk within the first 3 rings it shuts of and restarts same with text msg and it allways restarts on receving calls. It also restarts for no apparent reason and takes about 5-10 restarts before it actually starts . I noticed one time durring the restarting that on the HTC screen it said no radio down at the bottom but most the time it says the normal stuff sometimes it will also restart fast over and over and show a staticy line on the scren while the rest was normal. The weird thing is that sometimes when I do get it turned on one out of 50 times thae call will go trough fine with me answering and all same with text but this is verry rare also when I do get a few texts back and fourth in one power up by the next restart its back to only the 3 in my inbox when problems started and the new ones dont show. I have never changed the rom and its to the newest one the 3.35 I have only installed a few programs like wisbar and a theme and it ran fine for the past 2 weeks no problems till yesterday.

I hope I have provided enough information for you to maybe point me in the right direction to fix this thank you all for your time.

whats the best smartphone forum for suppourt? smartphonejunkie.com sucks for suppourt.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: HTC 6800 is crap help me?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »
Maybe it's the battery? My friend has a similar problem. Whenever he calls people it rings a bit, then shuts off. Otherwise, it just shuts off while attempting a call. It'd also shut off and restart randomly... Took his sister's battery and it worked fine. Of course, it's a different phone, but this problem might apply to your phone too. When I say battery, I mean like, the battery is just shot. Even fully charged it doesn't seem to function right.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
Well I managed to scream at some poor guy at sprint till he activated insurance for an extra 7 bucks a month on my phone catch is it dosent take effect for 30 days. So im stuck with this brick for 30 days then I get a refurb and its still gona cost me 50 bucks unless this one is "fixable" witch I think means I still have the phone still intact and its a software problem witch is my case.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:58:58 AM »
sounds like a software issue try to do a software restore on it or somthing like that

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:24:25 AM »
Ya its a software issue or an but ive tried everything the best thing i can do is a hard reset and it didnt work so im like screwed for the next 30 days im stuck with this sketchy :censored: 300 dollar brick. I have read some horor stories about this phone researching fixes seems this is a comon problem iver read of ppl getting 2 defective units in one day from a sprint store after retuning one. Hopefully I can talk my way into getting the newer model than my phone the diamond id be soooo happy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal