Author Topic: Oddity with rapid fire controller  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Oddity with rapid fire controller
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
I got my own 12f683 chips and a programmer and used some code that was provided to me via this web forum (thanks acidmods) anyways  I like those old arcade games and i actually am having a issue with Doom. With the trigger mod off it wont fire at all..(the right trigger) and when its on its auto fire for some reason.. all other games seem to work prefectly fine. Also is there a way to keep the status led from lighting up and staying on when the controller turns on ? This is on a matrix pcb and I just dont understand the assembler code on how to write a shut off command for the chip on startup if that is even possible.
 Thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Oddity with rapid fire controller
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:54:34 AM »
well, that is very odd!!

the indicator is work ing properly, just press the on/off button to turn it off upon startup, get used to it. learn to accept the things you can not change. or rewrite the code.

as for the way this is working in doom is very odd. your sure it works correctly in other games? I am at a loss, good luck   

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »
I test about 5 games only doom has the problem as for the light i'm attempting to rewrite the code. I was thinking of using a basic if then statment.
Where x is your variable.
it would probably be a subroutine
If x = 0 then turn led off
if x = 1 then return
When you press the button / Ie sync button in my case  then it will add a line to set x to 1
then when you pres the sync button for the turn off it sets x to 0. meaning it'll always keep the light off.

It is a bit of redundant codeing honestly but that is the easiest way that I see to keep the light off always. I mess around last night and just added the led off command into the code and it did that but it really defeated the purpose of having it hooked to a led.Now its time to read up on assembler and try and write that subroutine.

Thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:44 AM »
I test about 5 games only doom has the problem as for the light i'm attempting to rewrite the code. I was thinking of using a basic if then statment.
Where x is your variable.
it would probably be a subroutine
If x = 0 then turn led off
if x = 1 then return
When you press the button / Ie sync button in my case  then it will add a line to set x to 1
then when you pres the sync button for the turn off it sets x to 0. meaning it'll always keep the light off.

It is a bit of redundant codeing honestly but that is the easiest way that I see to keep the light off always. I mess around last night and just added the led off command into the code and it did that but it really defeated the purpose of having it hooked to a led.Now its time to read up on assembler and try and write that subroutine.

Thanks

good luck, let me know if you get it done.

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
Done no more random lit up led on startup!! .. now if i could figure out the doom thing .. hahah not that i care about that :P

It turns out pic assembler doesnt actually have if then statements so I had  to do some research. Anyways its done now i have to redo my other 2 controllers.

Cattleprod

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:08 AM »
Done no more random lit up led on startup!! .. now if i could figure out the doom thing .. hahah not that i care about that :P

It turns out pic assembler doesnt actually have if then statements so I had  to do some research. Anyways its done now i have to redo my other 2 controllers.

Cattleprod

what about a link to the asm?

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
http://rapidshare.com/files/183891889/BurnMeUp3.asm.html

nm turns out it works find.. just realized it was a issue with one ofmy resistors ok so its back to the drawing board i think it seems to work when starting up using the center button but if you just startup the controller by using start and back it lights up the system. button. i'm waiting on another set of smds I'm wondering if that will do it (the 2nd controller was using purple smds i installed while the first is using the standard one pre installed. the stock controller doesnt seem to have the issue So my code doesnt seem 100 percent Though I think I know how to fix it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:03:38 PM by Cattleprod »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 04:30:21 AM »
it looks like you jumped from burn me up 1 to I would assume you named this burm meup3? try hazers burnmeup2, it has 4 fire rates.

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »
I was using burn me up 2 actualy its the one I think you linked it had 3 mods 1 being both triggers and tehn mode 2 and 3 for cod . I cant decide if my code is working or not.. I mean the rapid fire stuff works.. but the led is not always off.. I'm going to do some more sorting. Where would I pickup the 4 mode ? and does it support 2 triggers in any of those ?
Thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 09:07:37 AM »
here is the updated version. this is the 4 mode code I use a variant of this. (modified for cod5 change the first fire rate to 0x3f and reassemble the code.)

http://forum.microchip.com/attachment.aspx?m=364122

much appologies, I must have posted the wrong link in a previous post.

with this, the led turns on when you turn the controller on, but one touch of the button and the led turns off. if you hold the button the chip changes fire rates, the led will then flash to indicate which mode you are in the settle at a solid on state, untill you touch the button to turn it off. 

it still dont explaine the doom issue though

Offline Cattleprod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »
Ok I actually have that code. My question is this.. I dont think I can hook up that up via a sleeper mode. which is why I used the burnmeup code. Maybe I can re define it to work but that seems like alot of work.. Really Its working great at is I'm stillt rying to figure out the light as i'm a bit picky about it haha.. I'm currently working on a case mod and i've almost got that done I'll prolly work on the controller more once I get it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal