Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1142 times)

Offline dah-legend

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« on: January 15, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
hey guys,

As you all must know im NEW  :yess: i saw some modded psp's on you tube by acid mods and im all in now :tup:. i am starting my projet today but have to wait to get my materials from ebay. i also have a quick question if i can ask: how many lights can u add to one 10 ohm resistor and do they have to be the same color.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
Hey, glad to see more modders. For leds, you can connect maybe 10-20 before brightness is affected, I believe. They don't have to be the same color, but calculating the correct resistors for different colors is frustrating and even if you have the right values, sometimes it still won't work right, so it's not recommended.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »
hey welcome to the site, i can't really mod so idk how to answer your questions but i'm here for your welcoming :)

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline dah-legend

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
thanks guys for the welcome and answering my questions.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
your question is a little bit backwords.  Your resistor you use depends on the LED and powersupply that you are using.  Think of it as an algebra problem you have known and unknowns. You know what the Powersupply is (Volts), you know what the Forward Voltage of the LED(Volts) is, and you Know what current (Amps) you would like to run the LED at(usually 20mA from specsheet).  The unknown in this design problem is the value and size of resister you need. (as long as certain criteria have been met like not exceeding your powersupply voltage with you Forward voltage or you LED [string] as well as not exceeding your powersupplies available current draw)

If you understand ohms law (V=IR) as well is how to calculate power (P=IV) then I could walk you through the equations.  If you dont know, and dont care then there are some calculators on the web that will help you out:
click here to calculate the circuit values for driving a single LED
click here to calculate the circuit values for driving multiple LEDs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal