Author Topic: Hard Drive Question!! Any Replies??  (Read 1133 times)

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hard Drive Question!! Any Replies??
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
   Hi guys! Okay, this is my situation. I have a 20 gb hard drive that i'm looking to replace by another non microsoft hard drive of a higher gb. I just learned that the hard drive are very similar to those of a laptop. I have had the opportunity to obtain a Western Digital laptop hard drive of 320 gb that fits directly into the 360. When pluged into 360 and checked under settings, the console says "no storage devise detected". Those any one here on AcidMods can relate to this situation and can share some helpful information or rightfully direct me into some kind of tutorial, if any. THANKS...

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Hard Drive Question!! Any Replies??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
I don't think all 2.5" HDDs work with the 360 hard drive enclosure. There are only certain drives that work.

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:33:13 PM »
    Well, so far the two non microsoft hard drive that I have obtain, did fit the 360 enclosure, right to the last screw.

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
I there there are certain files you need to have one it for it to beable to know its there. Try putting the origional xbox HDD into your computer and see if there are any hidden files or something.

Offline kenoman

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »
i think that m$ has a threshold on the nxe so you can only get a 120gb hd to work but you would need to flash it first

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:10 PM »
    I just learned that this hard drive upgrade is not simple as I thought it was going to be. There is a certain process that needs to be perform in order to make it work correctly. It mention the WinHex Tool, the hddhackr program and the hddss.bin-120 bin file. Western Digital SATA BEVS HDD was best recommended for the upgrade. If any one has further information that can help me out in performing this upgrade, please come forward. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking into upgrading their hdd. Microsoft is just tooooo expensive to buy their hard drives. THANKS..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal