Author Topic: An okay PSP dual analogue tutorial  (Read 8809 times)

Offline mazterskill1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: An okay PSP dual analogue tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
 nice tut, im trying it right now, but it would help a lot if you could you post a clearer photo of the ground because the video just dosent doit for me, or if any one  else could tell me a good ground poont that would be great. :tup:

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 05:28:15 AM »
nice tut, im trying it right now, but it would help a lot if you could you post a clearer photo of the ground because the video just dosent doit for me, or if any one  else could tell me a good ground poont that would be great. :tup:

i also agree..show where you ran your end ground points..
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »
i also agree..show where you ran your end ground points..

aparanetly you  can ground almost any where,,,  the numbers in the lower right hand corner are perfect because they are already bare

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »
aparanetly you  can ground almost any where,,,  the numbers in the lower right hand corner are perfect because they are already bare
The whole plane is ground except the 5 volt part

And honestly this tut is horrible.

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:26 AM »
can you show where in the nub part to solder the ground points...

the images only provide where are the solder parts on the board

but does not lead all the way to the nub..i don't know where to solder my grounds

on the nub..thanks.. :tup:
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
can you show where in the nub part to solder the ground points...

the images only provide where are the solder parts on the board

but does not lead all the way to the nub..i don't know where to solder my grounds

on the nub..thanks.. :tup:

in video # 5 it clearly shows ground on the nub as the metal shielding, do not ground to either of the two contacts between the button contacts, im not sure what they do but they are not ground.

too be clear the ground on the nub is the metal sheilding that surrounds it,

HINT: be sure that none of button contacts have sloppy soldier  that are grounding onto the shield

HINT: be carefull when reassembling the case, it is very easy to snap off the power switch from the power board

FYI: when i soldiered the wire for the "O" button to the point in the photo described as a long vertical black dash neither the "O" button or the right direction on the nub would register however when i used the spot described as a small horizontal black dash  both the button and nub worked perfectly, also the spot described as the long horizontal blue dash works as well, just for what ever reason the long vertical black dash did not work for me, i modded a psp phat, original 1.50 from Japan so the fact it was a jap may be the reason, really im not sure why it works the way it does i just wanted to post my results.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:44:10 AM by ColdSoldier »

Offline apatient1976

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 01:13:02 AM »
I am going to start this mod over the next couple of days, but was just wanting to know if I can ground to the left of the '5' of SW-445 on the above board. Also can anyone suggest the best wire to use and where to get.

Help is must appreciated.

ps. I will post pics of mod when complete

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »
i just did this mod for the first time and im about to doit again, heres what i recomend you do differrently:

this is a picture of the back:

if i were you i would listen to these hints and warnings and think about them before starting

soldier everything to the back of the board:
when you soldier to the front it makes it harder to push some of the buttons, also one of the points shown for "O" did not work for me (the one represented by the long black vertical dash on alien_x's power board pin out pic of the front)

you should use 30 awg wire:
i think radio shack has it but you have to call it "30 gauge wrapping wire" in order for them to know what you are talking about, if they know at all, also its almost always kept in the back so you'll need the biggest geek working there to find it for you. if you use wire any thicker than that you'll have a hard time closing your PSP with all the crap in there.

crazy glue the wires to the board after you soldier them:
not in the same place as the soldier, but on the wire it self. in other words the taails that come off the board and lead to the analog should be glued flat against the back of the power board, this way the points that you soldiered will have a little support other wise you could easily break them off while manuvering the board and analog into place. espiacially be careful of the ground wire that one snaps off very easily, if you only glue one wire make sure its that one.

secure the wires on the analog itself:
just like the glue on the board side, you should do something on this side to make sure the wires dont wiggle on the analog, i havent figured out what if gonna do on this side yet, but crazy glue wont work because the analog is so small there is no where to glue to. im thinking about hot glue or electric tape but those ideas kinda suck too, no matter what you use just be sure that the nub is secure and that the wires arent gonna wiggle other wise you'll be doing it all over again when one direction stops working (like me  :clap: )

only cut the diamond for the nub and nothing else:
when working on the face plate, only cut out the diamond needed for the nub to sit in. YOU DO NOT need to cut away any of the plastic near the buttons or the plastic that the screw goes into. if you cut off the plastic that the screw uses, then you'll have to crazy glue your psp shut. just leave the plastic there it isnt in the way at all and you screw your self over if you remove it.

consider the note button as power switch mod while you have everything apart:
note as power button: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13449.0
questions abote note: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=26799.0
for me, when i was squeezing it back together again the little plastic nub for the power switch kept breaking off, and it sucks to try and glue back on, it is possible but will break off again eventually. i got a new power board and am gonna do it all over again in a couple days, so if nothing else learn my lesson about the power switch and be very carefull when re-assembling everything.

also consider removing the lcd durring the mod:
complete psp dis-assembly: http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/complete_psp_disassembly.htm
it is in no way neccassary, but it may be a good idea to remove the lcd and place it face down on the inside of the face plate in order to keep it clean and dust free

this is mine:

notice the yellow charger plug is still in place (and works too!):
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:19:37 AM by ColdSoldier »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 07:28:19 AM »
Is there video of this working seems there isnt one. Nice work though.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal