Author Topic: anyone know of this chip  (Read 2261 times)

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
anyone know of this chip
« on: February 24, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
i purchased a rapid fire chip from ebay and it is installed through instructions from a site called vegatech.  i am wondering if by the wiring i could figure out what kind of program it has. you wire the power to pin 1 the ground to pin 8 and the left button to pin 3 and to the mid point on left trigger in the controller and the right button goes to pin 2 on the chip and mid point on right trigger.  Also if i get a programmer can i read this chip to save the program hex so i can reprogram it if i cant get a different hex to work thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: anyone know of this chip
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:49:40 AM »
there is no telling what hex is on that chip, most RF chips are wired in a similar fassion, there should be a number code on top of the chip, and yes with a programmer you can try to read the chip, but most of them are protected, so you cant steel the code.

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:44:26 AM »
i understand the protection a little bit. however i am not trying to steal the code,just want to make a backup in case the hex file i put on my chip doesnt work correctly i could just reflash it with the original info. i am trying to figure it out apparently according to the guy i purchased my chip from its his own batch code and it seems to work somewhat for me but not like i was expecting so was gonna try something else any suggestions on what code to use thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:00:59 PM by dripbilly »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
the number code I was refuring to would be a stamp, like 12f683 or something like that. as far as his special batch, I highly doubt that.  the program inside the chip (internal code) may be his special code but I doubt that also. most people from ebay just use the open source stuff for thier own gain. I emagine there are some coders out there that write a code and sell it, but most sellers are not coders.

as far as the code, I hanestly dont care if you were trying to stel the code, actually, I would like to see it. Just for kicks. but if the person you bought it from is the author of the code, he would have protected it so you cannot back up the code. if you have a programer and working knoledge of it, I could posibly give you a link to the open source code, of which I did not write but do use, but it wires diferently then you discribe. (thanks agian HAZER)

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »
i would appreciate the link and i have some 4 mode rapid fire hex code and a 3 mode sleeper hex but not sure about them they dont have very good instructions on the wiring of the chip any help is appreciated though

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:18 AM »
the 4 mode is gameplayrf and the 3 mode is burnmeup2.. these are the files you want follow the pictures and you will be fine. change one fire rate to read 0x3c for cod 5

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »
i have those now i just gotta find me a cheap programmer my local radioshack has decided that some of my parts arent important anymore lol

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 05:23:35 AM »
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22283.0

build this one, rat shack should have all the parts needed. 

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 01:40:20 PM »
thats the one i was gonna build however the two radio shacks close to me no longer carry the 8 pin sockets and the closest store to me that carries them is at least an hour away so i am gonna ebay one saw one that will come out to be about 15 shipped so i dont lose alot thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »
just build it with a 14 pin socket and only wire to the bottom half

Offline dripbilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »
i got it built and i read one of the chips the only thing i am wondering is how do i know it actually read it. Also should i post the hex here,for some one to go over and see if its private code or stolen code or what not. thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 04:39:30 AM »
the problem is once a code is compiled into a hex, it is tuff to convert back into any readable asm. I dont think anyone really cares where you stole the code from...LOL...(joke), but sure post it, but with a code, you need a wiring diagram. it could be wired all kinds of ways.

when the chip is read, in winpic, the green screen instead of just 0000 it will haave numerical code, if you read it and the chip is blank, it will tell you it is blank.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal