Author Topic: EMP Range  (Read 9053 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
EMP Range
« on: December 28, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Just wanted to know, would a small EMP pulse, like the generator was about the size of a school bag, would it only be temperary? And what would its range be?

I wanted to build a temperary EMP generator, long story...

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Woohoo, 1/2 more and I'm a pint!!!
Re: EMP Range
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »
I think a directional pulse with a great reflector the size of a school bag with power supply could shut things down easily to @ 20'.  What is your "Long Story"?  I've got some time to read, hehehe....

Sam Barros Power labs

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 01:17:48 PM »
one the size of a schoolbag could knock out quite a large building,like a school,depending on the power of the pulse.
I built a mini EMP gun when I was 13,that was quite small,and caused really bad interference on screens,not powerful enough to burn out electronics though.
but if you did it right,an emp gun the size of a schoolbag could quite possibly take out every computer in a school.
Derp.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:03:53 AM »
Very very interesting

Do you know if it would be powerful enough to be permenant? Or would I need a nuke for that lol

The story, lemme cut it very very short, if its permenant, Its going to be for revenge, destroy all electronics in the guys house, if its a interence and temperary, not sure, hmm, maybe cut everybodys phone off in the bus, or turn off all the computers when im in my computer class

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 06:49:33 AM »
doing something like that on a bus isnt recomended as vehicles nowerdays tend to have a big connection to electronics and rely on them to function so doing this could easily cause a crash which you wouldnt want to happen would you and if you were to permantly damage any electronics that would class as criminal damage and could get you into trouble and possibly prison

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
one the size of a schoolbag would definitely massacre the electronics in somebodies house without a shadow of a doubt,but EMP guns are quite expensive to build.
Derp.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
doing something like that on a bus isnt recomended as vehicles nowerdays tend to have a big connection to electronics and rely on them to function so doing this could easily cause a crash which you wouldnt want to happen would you and if you were to permantly damage any electronics that would class as criminal damage and could get you into trouble and possibly prison
But I was thinking, the worst it will do in a bus is either turn off the lights or turn off those stopping signs lol, better not bring it on the bus (plus if somebody sees my the inside of my bag, just full of wires, caps, pcbs and a giant magnetic core then I could be accused as a terrorist (you know how stupid people are nowadays

one the size of a schoolbag would definitely massacre the electronics in somebodies house without a shadow of a doubt,but EMP guns are quite expensive to build.
How much do EMP guns approx cost to make?

Oh yeah robin, I have an excuse if somehow I get done with criminal damage, i didnt touch their stuff nor go 'near' it, how could i break it? Lol

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
they would search your bag and check your computer and would find this page lol and i would acuse you off been a terrorist if i saw you with an emp in a bag. and in london that would get you arrested or worse - they did shoot a guy for running onto a train

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 06:58:08 AM »
the disscussion in this thread is on the verge of being terrorism.  Now I know that people think it would be cool to make an Oceans 11 devices and cause some "harmless" fun, however this is far from harmless.  If you think that an EMP will just shut lights off on a bus, you need to look into how vehicles operate since before the 90's.  MICROCONTROLLERS do everthing from the mixture to timing and everything in between.  On a diesel vehicle you may be lucky and not disable the actually motor, however any car around you could be disabled.

There is a reason why this technology is not in the hands of our law enforcement already, and that is because it is dangerous.  One scenario exists where someone with a pacemaker dies becuase of electromagnetic interference with there device.

Are you interested in killing someone?  I bet that just discussing this would earn someone an suspension from there school and possible legal actions.

If you want to make one of these things for the sake of science in order to shut down your xbox go ahead. Otherwise this is one of those things that can ruin your life.  Even by talking about it you can make you vulnerable to certain consequences that are better not experienced.  How would anyone here feel if your computer teacher was their relative and had a pacemaker and you killed them........dont tell me they are young cuz that doesnt matter, it could be the janitor walking by in the hall that has the pacemaker.(could even be a classmate, point is you dont know)

EVERYONE: use your head when talking online, this is a public place

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
the disscussion in this thread is on the verge of being terrorism.  Now I know that people think it would be cool to make an Oceans 11 devices and cause some "harmless" fun, however this is far from harmless.  If you think that an EMP will just shut lights off on a bus, you need to look into how vehicles operate since before the 90's.  MICROCONTROLLERS do everthing from the mixture to timing and everything in between.  On a diesel vehicle you may be lucky and not disable the actually motor, however any car around you could be disabled.

There is a reason why this technology is not in the hands of our law enforcement already, and that is because it is dangerous.  One scenario exists where someone with a pacemaker dies becuase of electromagnetic interference with there device.

Are you interested in killing someone?  I bet that just discussing this would earn someone an suspension from there school and possible legal actions.

If you want to make one of these things for the sake of science in order to shut down your xbox go ahead. Otherwise this is one of those things that can ruin your life.  Even by talking about it you can make you vulnerable to certain consequences that are better not experienced.  How would anyone here feel if your computer teacher was their relative and had a pacemaker and you killed them........dont tell me they are young cuz that doesnt matter, it could be the janitor walking by in the hall that has the pacemaker.(could even be a classmate, point is you dont know)

EVERYONE: use your head when talking online, this is a public place
Holy crap forgot about pacemakers

I dont want to be a murderer, but there is somebody I want to get revenge on, hes ruining my life, and I took advice, from "The best form of revenge is to do nothing", tried it and its been a year and hes still doing it, this will make him stop

Plus i dont want to be a terrorist...

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 09:28:20 AM »
All I can say about someone messing with you is that they will get theirs someday.  Karma will prevail....maybe not today or tommorrow, but mark my words they will get what is comming to them someway somehow.

doing nothing is probably the best revenge in a situation like this because there is no telling how your revenge could go wrong.  People often do things with the no intention of hurting someone, and end up paying for it for the rest of their lives.  Not only is this project potentially dangerous to anyone around it, it is the most dangerous for the person who builds it.  RF burns and harmful raidiation is a very real thing.

Keep detailed accounts of how this person is ruining your life....IE save voice messages, IMs, photos, anything that can be used as concrete evidence and once you have a real case file for a restraining order(not sure if they cover cyber contact but they should) Believe me, decisions you make now can haunt you, so try to use ur head and think about everything that could go wrong before doing something that you will regret in the future.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »
All I can say about someone messing with you is that they will get theirs someday.  Karma will prevail....maybe not today or tommorrow, but mark my words they will get what is comming to them someway somehow.

doing nothing is probably the best revenge in a situation like this because there is no telling how your revenge could go wrong.  People often do things with the no intention of hurting someone, and end up paying for it for the rest of their lives.  Not only is this project potentially dangerous to anyone around it, it is the most dangerous for the person who builds it.  RF burns and harmful raidiation is a very real thing.

Keep detailed accounts of how this person is ruining your life....IE save voice messages, IMs, photos, anything that can be used as concrete evidence and once you have a real case file for a restraining order(not sure if they cover cyber contact but they should) Believe me, decisions you make now can haunt you, so try to use ur head and think about everything that could go wrong before doing something that you will regret in the future.
Wise words

Although true, the first part, about karma, lets just say im the one that is coming for them, since They started it, they continue to do it, and i didnt do anything

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
of what you can do is research more into size:range. because if you just want to do it to one guys house for revenge for something then make something much smaller to just shut his house down and not cause any public damage.

and yes. i am aware this is on the edge of illegal, im just telling him something that might help

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »
its more thn on the edge frek it would be classed as criminal damage

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »
You can build emp guns with focus' on them that make the beam very specific,but still,indefinitely lethal to anyone nearby with a pacemaker.
And I disagree with everyone else,revenge is the best form of revenge,use a comb pick to pick the locks of their school lockers,steal their books and trade them in at the local bookstore for cash,then treat yourself to a few cans of beer and a big take-away with your mates with the dosh.Weld the zips on their schoolbags shut.Put a small glass tube full of ammonium chloride in their schoolbag,wait until it breaks,and mock the acrid-smelling loser while holding your nose.Pour bleach through the top of their locker,and laugh manically when they withdraw books with totally blank pages.Give them a good ol' fashioned beating.These are tactics that I've used,I've never been caught,and anybody stupid enough to mess with me will get the same treatment.Tackle the problem head on,time is precious and you shouldn't let other people ruin it.
I seriously recommend the 1st idea,nothing better than beer and a take-away paid for by the last person in the world that would.
If anybody disagrees with my opinion,I don't care,that why it's called an opinion,and I don't care about your opinion on my opinion either.
Derp.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
You can build emp guns with focus' on them that make the beam very specific,but still,indefinitely lethal to anyone nearby with a pacemaker.
And I disagree with everyone else,revenge is the best form of revenge,use a comb pick to pick the locks of their school lockers,steal their books and trade them in at the local bookstore for cash,then treat yourself to a few cans of beer and a big take-away with your mates with the dosh.Weld the zips on their schoolbags shut.Put a small glass tube full of ammonium chloride in their schoolbag,wait until it breaks,and mock the acrid-smelling loser while holding your nose.Pour bleach through the top of their locker,and laugh manically when they withdraw books with totally blank pages.Give them a good ol' fashioned beating.These are tactics that I've used,I've never been caught,and anybody stupid enough to mess with me will get the same treatment.Tackle the problem head on,time is precious and you shouldn't let other people ruin it.
I seriously recommend the 1st idea,nothing better than beer and a take-away paid for by the last person in the world that would.
If anybody disagrees with my opinion,I don't care,that why it's called an opinion,and I don't care about your opinion on my opinion either.

Thats Brutally Awesome

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 08:14:14 PM »

I have to Say I thought I was the only one who did those things. I also Found Thermite  to work Very well..

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »

id rrrrreeeeaaaallllyyyyy hate to get on youur bad side. lmao.

but damn. i agree with you. actual revenge is better then verbal revenge or just letting it go.

btw. back on topic.

luke. i dont think we'll be able to help much more then we already have, if we say much more here then actions probbly will be taken.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »
Just researched it.In Ireland,possession of a functional EMP gun will land you with a huge fine and if you are caught using it you face a lengthy spell in jail.
Derp.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »
Just researched it.In Ireland,possession of a functional EMP gun will land you with a huge fine and if you are caught using it you face a lengthy spell in jail.
Okay I think i will ditch the emp idea then lol, i dont want to go to jail, a 14 year old asian geek will not do good in jail

Is printing out lots of papers with they address and that they are looking for sex illegal?

Oh yeah ryan0, that list of stuff, quite good :D

Although in our school we aint got lockers lol

@PsychoticWolf

Last time i checked it isnt illegal to carry around the ingredients for thermite, and all it needs is to be mixed and then ignited

On tv (Braniac lol) they got a car and put thermite near the area of the gas tank (ontop of the car) and then ignited it and the car after a few seconds exploded

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal