Author Topic: ps3 60gb As IS  (Read 1398 times)

Offline cowsin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
ps3 60gb As IS
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:15:25 AM »
i was looking around for a broken 60gb so i could buy it and call in for a out of warranty repair and i came across this

1 PS3 60GB (1st Wave) w/Backward Compatibility
-LASER LENS NON FUNCTIONAL/NEEDS TO BE REPLACED-
This PS3 is in PERFECT working order aside from the LENS, Network and system runs smoothly.  Demos can still be downloaded but no Discs Work.
Comes with all you would in a original box-box is still Brand New.

seems legit and its meet ups so i could check if its the real 60gb or some
but i have a new 80gb model right here beside me  got it during boxing day coupe a weeks ago

well heres the questions.
Does it matter if the broken 60gb ps3 has the warranty sticker or it does but it damaged?
would it be cheaper to try and exchange the laser lens with my 80gb or should i just send it to sony?
could it be possible its a 80gb thats broken and has the usb ports and everything but they just swamped the serial stickers?

any other concerns i should look out for? i tried ebay buy the price ranged from 43-266 and i must say $43 for a broken 60gb ps3 $150 repair less then $200 for a 60gb ps3 sounds too good.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: ps3 60gb As IS
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:55:58 PM »
i was looking around for a broken 60gb so i could buy it and call in for a out of warranty repair and i came across this

1 PS3 60GB (1st Wave) w/Backward Compatibility
-LASER LENS NON FUNCTIONAL/NEEDS TO BE REPLACED-
This PS3 is in PERFECT working order aside from the LENS, Network and system runs smoothly.  Demos can still be downloaded but no Discs Work.
Comes with all you would in a original box-box is still Brand New.

seems legit and its meet ups so i could check if its the real 60gb or some
but i have a new 80gb model right here beside me  got it during boxing day coupe a weeks ago

well heres the questions.
Does it matter if the broken 60gb ps3 has the warranty sticker or it does but it damaged?
would it be cheaper to try and exchange the laser lens with my 80gb or should i just send it to sony?
could it be possible its a 80gb thats broken and has the usb ports and everything but they just swamped the serial stickers?

any other concerns i should look out for? i tried ebay buy the price ranged from 43-266 and i must say $43 for a broken 60gb ps3 $150 repair less then $200 for a 60gb ps3 sounds too good.
Usually they actually go for around $150-200 for a broken one.   Make sure that it hasn't died of water damage. It doesn't have to have the warranty sticker on it but it HAS to have the serial number on the back.  it should say CHEC or something similar.   The lens on the current 80gb won't work on the old 60gb so don't try that.  It cost around $100-120 for a lens anyways why not just send it to sony to get the peace of mind that if anything else was/is wrong they will still fix it.  And it's $150 PLUS tax so it's really like $160 for the repair. :winker:

Offline cowsin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »
mmhm so the warranty sticker is fine if its not there

when you get it back is it the same one but fixed or will they like change the shell or something?

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »
Its usually a different one thats fixed, with a new shell.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline cowsin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 05:10:00 AM »
ok thanks [=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal