Author Topic: Xbox Front Panal Led Swap by whitetop  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Xbox Front Panal Led Swap by whitetop
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »
Xbox Front Panal Led Swap

Introduction
The writing might be short but the pictures will show you the way. I did order blue and green leds but i ended up with blue and orange. lol
Hope you like my tutorial and it helps you with your modding.

Parts Needed

Tools Needed

Difficulty rating: 3/5

Average Time to Complete: 30-45mins

Notes:
I know the xbox is old but not many people want to mess around with there xbox 360's. :D

Step By Step Tutorial

1. This is what the stock LED's look like.

2. Get you solder iron warmed up and ready and get your leds.

3. Get your xbox and alan key and undo the screws on the bottom of the xbox and put in a place so you don't lose them.

4. Take your hdd and drive out but don't forget to take the 3 screws out before doing so.

5. You should end up with something like this. This xbox is a version 6, the screws will be in different places on different models. Undo the screws on motherboard and power board.

When boards are out they look like this>

6. Unclip the face of the xbox.

7. Press down the clip on the power and eject board and pull out the board.

This is what you will have>

Now take the black tape of so we can get to the pins to unsolder them.

8. These are the pins we are going to unsolder.

9. Once unsoldered the old led pins clean away the old solder so you can put your new leds in. Only put the pins of your new leds so far there is flat parts on the pins on were they should be direct on the board like this.

10. Slowly bend the led down onto the board then push the pins in a bit when you turn the board around you should see this. Solder the pins to the board but not to much solder.

11. Once you have soldered you pins and cut the pins down it should look like this.

12. Your leds should look like this but make sure your lids are put in the same way the old one came out or you will only have one color.

13. Once you have soldered your leds and everything look ok reverse the taking the xbox part to put it back together. Once done your xbox should look like this depends on what color leds you have.

Now your finished, good job!

FAQ/ Troubleshooting
  • Leds wont light up- Make sure the solder joint is good and the LED's are in correctly.
  • The LED's wont fit- You didnt buy the correct leds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal