Author Topic: Gah I don't understand buttons  (Read 1272 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Gah I don't understand buttons
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »
I think I'm retarded or something.. I do NOT understand buttons whatsoever. Alien_X tried to explain it to me and I just went  :faint:. I guess I just don't get what the extra points related to a button on a controller do. Like on a gameboy or something, there are like tp1,tp2,tp3, etc. And those are usually related to a button. But then how is it related to a button, and how could I use it for like, leds/external controller/etc? I'm confused.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Gah I don't understand buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
I think I'm retarded or something.. I do NOT understand buttons whatsoever. Alien_X tried to explain it to me and I just went  :faint:. I guess I just don't get what the extra points related to a button on a controller do. Like on a gameboy or something, there are like tp1,tp2,tp3, etc. And those are usually related to a button. But then how is it related to a button, and how could I use it for like, leds/external controller/etc? I'm confused.
Buttons work with a ground and a ground and when the usual conductive pad is used and pushed on the two points it connects the 2 grounds completing the circuit. And those tp1's usually are test points for the buttons and if you where to wire a led to it as a ground and the positive to a power source and complete that buttons circuit with an led, it will light up.

Like the PSP's dual nub the way you hack the razor into the PSP's buttons are we steal the points from the buttons and use on our installed razor. Its pretty simple..

For use with a external controller just wire the TP or button you want to the controller point you want to use that point with.

Its actually the easiest thing around lol..

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »
Oh that makes some more sense, thanks. But then why do some points have voltage coming off them if they're ground?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:02:17 PM »
Well sometimes it more complicated than that there are highs and lows that's why some give off voltage when the button is pressed that voltage will change, like on the PSP home bar.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:35:54 AM »
Oh that makes some more sense, thanks. But then why do some points have voltage coming off them if they're ground?

What do you mean?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Like Jumbo said that the two points under a button pad are both grounds, that when completed, complete a circuit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:40:28 PM by GhoSt_Death »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
only one side is ground, all grounds connect, lol what whould be the point of a button If it connected ground to ground?
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »
Like Jumbo said that the two points under a button pad are both grounds, that when completed, complete a circuit.

No.. a circuit is already completed between the button and a high signal..you can't leave input pins floating.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal