Author Topic: Possible to unbrick???  (Read 1442 times)

Offline TheMercenary

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Possible to unbrick???
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »
My friends PSP got bricked a couple years ago and I wanna know if it's possible to fix so I can buy it from him. It isn't hacked or anything

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: Possible to unbrick???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
Do you know what caused it to brick?  You said it was never hacked, and a collapse of the system most likely happened because he was updating the Official Firmware, downloaded from Sony, and the power was cut, system was reset, memory card was removed, or the update file was corrupt (rare), during the install process.  That causes the install to be corrupt, and thus, a brick.  Sure, it can be unbricked, unless there is another problem, besides the obvious.  If you want, if you still have it, send it to me, and I will try to fix it for you, free of course.

Offline TheMercenary

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »
All I know is that he was doing something and the PSP said not to turn of the power off and he turned it off by mistake

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
The only normal messages that display that, are when a game saves data to the memory stick in autosave, but that only corrupts the savedata, not the PSP.  And the other is when the PSP is being updated to a newer firmware version using the Sony updater.  Most likely its the firmware update gone bad.  In most cases, that can be restored.

I have bricked my PSP several times, and also in a similar way, and always been able to get it back up and running.  I can put any firmware you want on there, or just get it back to an official firmware and no custom firmware.  You are still looking to get it fixed, right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal