Author Topic: psp rca cable input  (Read 3253 times)

Offline fatash

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp rca cable input
« on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:01 AM »
hey folks!
   I am wondering if it would be possible to feed rca video/audio into the psp,thus using the psp as a tv.
I am thinking this would be possible via the camera function but resolution would be messed up.
Any input is appreciated.

I was thinking location free player might work but i think i read somewhre that with the loc free player you has to convert all video and it looked bad on psp anyways
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:45:48 AM by fatash »
I am afraid of zombies.

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

Re: psp rca cable input
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:42:47 PM »
I have a location free player... it looks and works great for TV and DVD playback I use my PSPs more to watch TV then play games... However understand that the LFP encodes on the fly so there is a bout a 2 to 4 second delay on video/audio when received on the PSP. That being said when you hook up your Xbox 360 to the LFP there is so much lag that game play is imposable... sorry to burst you idea... how about trying to find out if you can hook up RBG or video right to the LCD display off of the pin header... I saw that somewhere where someone marked which pins of the LCD did what function... If I find it again I'll link in this post.    Alien_X was that your LCD pinout that I'm thinking about????

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline fatash

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
thanks for the response. my other reason was i want to hook up a semi portable rca device and would like a smaller way to connect then the lfp but if it cant be done then i may just try to find the RBG info so i can write off my idea as not being a complete failure.... and maybe play some 360 on my psp  :w00t:
I am afraid of zombies.

Offline fatash

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:16:03 PM »
do you think it would be possible to write software for the psp that would allow video to be displayed from a rca to usb cable? similar to pspdisp but not so dependant on a pc.
I am afraid of zombies.

Offline dither

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »
the psp screen uses a digital signal so you would need to convert to that. i found a thread once about someone doing just that. link

Offline fatash

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »
the psp screen uses a digital signal so you would need to convert to that. i found a thread once about someone doing just that. link
great info
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:17:31 AM by fatash »
I am afraid of zombies.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »

Offline fatash

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »
I know you can use the psp as a second monitor
http://lifehacker.com/5131705/use-your-playstation-portable-as-an-additional-windows-monitor

yes, i did find pspdisp while searching for info. it is a really neat homebrew but it looks like the only way the input could be accomplished is by hard modding the screen and using a digital to analog converter. I may attempt to get a fat lcd and i know i have a ps2 that i can trash for the dac hand soldering fine points like that requires is most likely beyond my ablility.

i think i am going to test out pspdisp's wlan mode seems really cool.thanks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:44:39 AM by fatash »
I am afraid of zombies.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:34 AM »
There is no simple way to get standard video signals directly into or out of the PSP's LCD. It is not just a matter of converting the signal to digital or analog, the timing requirements of the LCD are also completely different, and correcting this is not a trivial issue. You would still need some powerful programmable logic to buffer and rescale a full frame to make it displayable.

If you are looking for a small display that will accept composite video input, try the 5" PSOne lcd that is commonly used in portable console hacks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal