Author Topic: wi fi questions/help  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
wi fi questions/help
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:07 PM »
is there a way to make my wifi card in my computer to have greater range so i can pick up internet conections that are weeker? or a way to make my wireless router pick up internet and broadcast it to my laptop? Or a cheap adapter that i can buy that picks up internet from greater distinces. i just moved and dont have the money to get internet yet so i am looking to easy ways to get free internet thanks to my neighbor. 

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: wi fi questions/help
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
There is an adapter that you can buy that you attatch to your router that will extend the range of it. I know that they have it for linksys and possibly netgear. And also make sure that you ask before you use your internet.  :winker:

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
It's illegal to use get "free internet" from someone else. It's called stealing. Nice one.

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
is there a way to make my wifi card in my computer to have greater range
What kind of card do you have? I used a linksys wireless card once i think it was model wmp54x something like that. But it had very good reception.
It's illegal to use get "free internet" from someone else. It's called stealing. Nice one.
lol i found out the hard way when i got the cops called on me for "wardriving" :laughing:

Also if you are familiar with linux there is a way to make a boot cd that "attacks" secured wireless networks and decrypts the passwords. unfortunatly i cant tell you that because thats probably against the rules of this site

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:35:20 AM »
no talking of stealing or hacking for the purpose of stealing.  There are many free sources of wifi, no need specify that you are stealing from you neighbor.  Thread locked and use your head when posting here, this is a legitimate modding site, not a bunch of criminals trying to help people steal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal