Author Topic: would you buy a premade powerboard and nub?  (Read 14548 times)

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
would you buy a premade powerboard and nub?
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
please dont message me any more, im not making these for anyone, ever again, i recieved way to much sh@t from other members of this site who have never actually even seen my work.

the peopkle i did make them for were 100% sastisfied, but no one ever noticed that.

I never made even a penny off of these boards, in actuality, selling these for $25 did not even cover the parts and shipping, i lost money on every one i ever made, use the tutorial to make your own or dont bother, 

or if you want to build your own check out the tutorial
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=26266.0

I No Longer Make These, Stop Messaging Me.
thank blazing kaos for my loss of intrest in helping any one here

im not sure if this type of thing is aloud here and if it isnt i apologize,

Does anybody want a pre-made psp phat power board and sony ericcson nub ?

heres what it looks like instaled

i was going to sell them for $24.99 + shipping through ebay(to be sure im paid & you get your item)

if your intrested please reply and we can arrange an auction or other form of transaction in private.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:18:01 PM by ColdSoldier »

Offline cool2000m

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: would you buy a premade powerboard and nub?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »
I'm interested. (already sent you a PM)

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »
that nub looks a bit.....idk....cheap

Offline cool2000m

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »
that nub looks a bit.....idk....cheap

well, yeah but where else could I buy something like this?  I mean, i'm assuming he's using a Razor X PCB or something like that, so I could always disassemble and replace it with a better joystick.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »
How you know its functional and this should be in the auction section i believe cuz ur trying to sell it.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline cool2000m

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »
:-/ good point. I should commission it instead.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:14:30 AM »
Yea im just saying we dnt so if you test it out real quick video may convince ppl to get it.

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
well, yeah but where else could I buy something like this?  I mean, i'm assuming he's using a Razor X PCB or something like that, so I could always disassemble and replace it with a better joystick.

i use nokia nubs (it says it in big letters in the first line of the first post) they perform just as well or better, they do not require any additional mods to auto center themselves like the razor does, and most important you do not need to remove your charger socket to install this nub.

with a razor nub you need to add in an autocenter mod if you want it to go back to the middle after being pressed, also you must remove the power socket for it to fit, so you also need to do a usb charge mod, and if you still want to use your wall charger you need to mod that to a mini usb instead of the connecter it has.

with my nokia nub power boards all you need to do is open up your psp, put a hole in the face plate, unplug two ribbons from your old power board and plug in my nub power board, put your faceplate back on and your done. no additional mods needed and no need to rip out your charger.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:06:30 AM by ColdSoldier »

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »
@ coldsoldier- how well does it work ? You planning to sell those ?
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:26 AM »
they work very well, theres a video tutorial in the dual nub thread that shows the perfomance.

all together i have made 3 of these boards two for my self and 1 for a member of this site, the two i made for my self work perfectly, the one i made for twist had a cheaper power board so i gave it to him for almost nothing.

now i know to only buy quility power boards, and thats why i raised the price from 15.99 to 24.99, that way i have 10 bucks to buy a quality power board instead of $3 like before.

of course i want to make a few bucks for my effort, $10 to be exact the parts will cost about $15, and i chose ebay to distribute them so you will have some sort of recourse if you want a refund or to return them, you know keep everyone honest.

so check out the video and pm me if you want one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlXwOHpJVXw&feature=related

or if you want to build your own check out the tutorial
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=26266.0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:48:30 AM by ColdSoldier »

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 05:43:53 AM »
i'll have to think about it . 25$ is quite a lot for something i don't necessarily require....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:00:57 AM »
its okay, im not a pusher. :)

i just thought since i can make these very easily, that i would put it out here for the folks who cant solder or dont want to rip out thier chargers to put in a second nub.

i choose this set up because i tried the razor board and that is alotta hassle for something that is sub par, not to mention it costs 25 bucks just for the pcb nevermind the extra joystick you need to deystroy in order to make. and have you ever used one?

the razor is not smooth, and it does have dead spots (where the spring links to itself) you would have to build one to understand what im saying. also their is the fact that it doesnot go back to center by itself, you must tin the pcb (a small pain), and do a usb charge mod if you ever want to play your psp after this mod.

im really not trying to sell this product, im selling my services to find and solder together the peices to those people who cant do it themselves and if you price all the peices plus the wire, plus the solder, plus the solder iron, this is way cheaper not to mention it is guranteed to work

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »
Yeah i understand that ur 'product' is better but i'm pretty ok with my psp without dual nub. though i'll definitely consider this when i do put one in. I have no plans to lose the ability to charge my psp :)
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
yea cuz you cant expect to get money for what you think its worth cuz the power board been used and that so that bring value down.

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 06:18:02 PM »
um if you havent been paying attention i buy the boards and the nubs then solder them together, i guess if you consider testing it before sending it out "used" well then yea i guess they are "used" before i mail them out.

just out of curiosity how much would you charge to work on this project for someone else?

actually you probably want to give em away for free,

well you know what from now on pm blazinkaos, im sure he'll buy all the stuff, put it together and some how test it all without removing the peices from there original packaging, and he'll do it all for less than the peices cost Right?

h8R

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 10:53:34 PM »
Hey now that wasrude. He wasn't dissing you or anything. He was just saying the honest truth,  a lot of the time, used stuff sells for less. No need to to make bad comments about it.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
i dont understand how you can classify this as used i buy the parts brand new solder them together and send them out, so i guess you think i shouldnt test them before sending them out either huh?

let me ask you this when you got your computer or psp or ps3 or xbox 360 did you buy them brand new?

do you really think that those products were sold without ever switching them on before sending tem to the stores?

so then technically they were used right?

how about a brand new car, because your claiming the peices i buy are depreciating faster than a brand new benz once you drive it off the lot, when you buy a brand new car does the odometer say all 0's no because some one drove it on to a truck and drove it into a parking spot at the dealership, not to mention im pretty sure someone turned it on at the plant to see if it worked before shipping it to a dealership, but that is not considered used you would still pay full sticker price.

so why give me such a hard time the price is what it is, if you dont want one thats cool, i really wanted to stop making these after i lost money on the first few i made buit people keep asking for them, so i guess i should just keep losing money so i can give these to the members of this site RIGHT?

you guys are right it was wrong of me to want to be compensated for the work i do, so from now on i'll just buy all the parts brand new and sell them for 10% of what i paid for them, but im sure even that wont stop your hatred, because if you read my posts you'd see that the one i made for twist i practically gave away to him, but i guess giving these away is too expensive too RIGHT?

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:38:56 AM »
cool down buddy, theres probably some sort of misunderstanding.
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »
First i wasnt trying to start anything you took it the wrong way. All im say is how we know it new or used and that what proof do you have if that so. But seems your hiding something since your blowing fuses at me for no apparent reason.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
Look everyone just calm down. First of all blazinkaos wasn't saying that he considered your product to be used. He was just responding to what someone else said. And all he said was that used stuff, IN GENERAL, usually sells for less money. Which I think we all can agree is true.

For example: let's use coldsoldiars example of a new car. When you buy it and drive it it loses value. The test drives and all that stuff prior to that don't decrease value any because they are necessary. The same goes for almost anything you will buy including this nub.

A test will not decrease the value as it shouldent be considered used. Tests are necessary to make sure you do not sell a defective product. I do not think that whoever classified this nub as used was in any way right in doing so. On the other hand, coldsoldiar, your reaction to it was really sort of out of line. All that was said is that you have no proof that it's new, which you don't. There is proof that it works though from the video posted earlier.

ColdSoldier: You did react a little strongly to a simple comment. Nobody was trying to discredit your product. He just stated that he couldent tell if it was actually used or not.

Blazinkaos: I do not believe that Coldsoldiar has anything to hide. He was just on the wrong end of all those comments and needed to ritaliate. I don't doubt that the nub works fine and is indeed new.

Everyone: now if we can just settle down and get back to the topic, everything should be fine. There is a nub for sale. One simple question: would you buy it? If you wouldent, there is really no need to post here. If you would, then ask questions in a way that is respectful to the seller.  That way things like this can be avoided in the future.

ColdSoldier: sorry I spelled your name wrong above. I didn't realize it till I was all finished.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 05:56:10 AM »
if you want me to send the packaging that the pweices come in i would be willing to do that, to show proof i ordered them new or if there is any orther way like a reciept, i would be more than willing to include that as well.

unfortunately when you order these types of components on line they very rarely send an invoice or packing info but i would think the packages with the post mark dates on them should prove that the peices were purchased on or near the date that i claim they were purchased.

i blew up because i started this so i could make a couple bucks to help fund my other projects, but all i do is lose money on this venture, and it became very frustrating to try to provide a quality product while every one was tearing me down.

i have posted pics and video, and i even linked to the tutorial, any one who has contacted me for one of these knows that i must order the parts first, i make that clear in the first round of messages, then if the customer still wants to go threw with it i order the parts, and know one gives me a penny until i show proof that your board is assembled and ready to ship.

but really if you think i have something to hide then just dont bother with this thread,, if you want to be everyone's watchdog then get one from me and see for yourself before you make un-founded claims.

truth be told i almost want to remove this thread because of all the flak, but i am a true altruist, so if i help a couple peopl i guess its worth all the crap.

altruism : http://www.answers.com/topic/altruism
1. Unselfish concern for the welfare of others; selflessness.
2. Zoology. Instinctive behavior that is detrimental to the individual but favors the survival or spread of that individual's genes, as by benefiting its relatives.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
Thanks rceckspurt13 exactly understanding what im saying. Now ColdSoldier a receipt would help a lot to show proof to who ever is willing to buying this off you. Now a way you could of made extra money is if someone asked to do this mode and install it in there PSP. You would of made money of labor from the time putting into it.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »
I bought one of these products from ColdSoldier. He is very understanding, stays in contact with you untill the job is finished and although he told me ahead of time that the power board he go was cheaper than the one advertised to him, the product I got in the mail was top notch. The package was packed... Well, I could have stomp kicked it and not harmed anything in it. I had my package two days after he shipped it, and when installed it worked fine with no complications. So if your considering purchasing from ColdSoldier, your not going to be losing out.

-TwisT

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »
would you make one of these for the slim ?
  you look like a carrot.

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »
the slim uses a different power board making it much harder the soldering must be done to the ribbon, i am looking into whether or not i want try it on slims. check back and if i dont reply within a week its safe to assume i dont want to.

Offline DiscEngine

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:44 AM »
You sure its on the ribbon i saw a thread some where i dnt think you have to use the ribbon.
The World Is a Better Place With Consoles!

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
according to lord nico you must solder to the ribbon, but there may another way thats why i said give me a week to research it.

Offline DiscEngine

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »
Hmm im sure there are pins you can solder it to.
For example there are pins where the ribbon for the UMD laser goes to.
The World Is a Better Place With Consoles!

Offline ColdSoldier

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »
yea im sure there are pins where the ribbon plugs in to but from the looks of things that is really small, the slightest mistake there could end up shorting the pins, i think the ribbon would be a lil more forgiving (but not much)

=====================EDIT=============================
okay after looking around i found some new tutorials that are putting the razor x into a slim, so yea i guess i could do a nokia nub on a slim power board.

the biggest problem there is i dont have a slim for testing, i could do it but i cant gurantee that it will work since i cant test it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:17:42 AM by ColdSoldier »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »
Yes where the ribbons connects those pins are one you can use and yes it it is small pretty much its a job for some that has very good soldering skills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal