Author Topic: rapid fire  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
rapid fire
« on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:01 AM »
first ps3 post.

sorry guys I am a 360 owner, but my little brother in law was here for a visit(owns ps3) and fell inlove with my 3 mode rapid fire for my xbox. I built this mod programed the chip and insalled it all myself (had help with the programming, thanks hazer) and I have also built many 555 mods for the 360. and leds...etc. he wants me to build him a rapid fire controller for the ps3
I have a controller, but no ps3 so I cant really test alot.

Questions
1) is there a fire rate cap in cod 5 like on the 360?
2) what pulse rate will be best?
3) is there a different rate prefured in cod4 and cod5?
4) can the rapid fire be applied to the bumper (R1 you call it I think) and not just to an added button?
5) are the specs differnt in dual shock, than in the six axis, or one just has rumble packs?

I plan to build a 555 and  program a 12f683 pic. I will have to do this blind and take it to his home 2oo miles away on my next visit to test it. so if you guys can point me in the correct direction I would appreciate it. I am still in plannig, and have not opened the controller yet, please frogive me I know nothing about the playstation, but I know quite a bit about modding and electronics.

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: rapid fire
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
www.ps3rapidfire.com

I have already coded for COD5 and the pulse rate that is the best is between 9 and 11 shots per second.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »
that is very interesting. I want cod 4 and cod 5 on the same chip, the pulse rates are close, I am wondering if how much different this really is from the xbox. on the 360, the MAX fire rate is 8.33 or 0x3C. I would like to use the right bumper for RF and the tact switch to turn mod on or off and change modes.

very good sales pitch though, if I cant get it done I will get with you. I see you have two different chips for rthe two different games, the 12f683 can handle much more, there should not be a need for the two 

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
Well, the COD5 one works for both, it's just the rate of fire isn't as impressive as the exclusive COD4. I've tried to do programmed multimode and couldn't get it quite right. There's something wrong with the relay. I'll keep trying on it though, but if you install an IC socket on the controller, you can just switch out chips.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Has anyone seen RF on trigger for the new dualshock 3 sixaxis?

Just curious, cause I am about halfway done and wanted to see if there was a better way than what I am working on.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:53:07 AM »
I've seen it done, and that's what I've been trying to do. Rather than a single mode, I was looking at 4 mode through a trigger with a tactile on/off switch.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:14:59 AM »
I have a 'hard' way of RF on trigger for the DS3 6A. It requires cutting the track. But I am still working on a way to just use a resistor and bi-lat. The DS3 6A has all the commons tied together and works alot like the matrix controller. A pulsed signal goes through all the buttons on the right side and pressing the R2 only changes a small part of the signal. Shorting the contacts for the R2 also provides this signal change and an external button/transistor method would work. But the idea is to let the signal pass while the R2 is pressed, and then force it to return.

Anyways, Once I get that done, I will be programming it to use the RF utility for unlimited speeds.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
Sounds cool. I just tried to keep it as simple as possible with my install. 3 Wires from the PIC and 3 Wires from the transistor for easy tactile switch RF. There's just no synce button or anything to do a multimode through the tact switch like I wanted to I made 2 different programs.

Offline ifrgtmyname

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:28:42 AM »
how much is postage to the UK mate?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal