Author Topic: Sound reactive led help Please  (Read 1178 times)

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Sound reactive led help Please
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »
I was doing LOrdNico's sound reactive mod. Now my wifi and ms leds won't light up. I think I ruined the 5v resistor. I had weak joint after weak joint. Then when I lightly tugged on the wire it came free. I don't know if it's just the solder from under the resistor on that side that's gone or if I ruined the resistor. (1-3 seconds applied 15watt soldering iron) So can I bridge that resistor? Any help is greatly appreciated. (as seen in this pic)

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sound reactive led help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »
I use a 30watt soldering iron, but that should work to, try using some flux to make a stronger bond.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »
there is no foot on the 5v side. That I can solder too. The resistor "looks" intact but I'm not sure. I'd rather just bridge it if I can. Other wise I plan on losing the other foot and seeing if I can't fix that joint that way. I was using flux. Just not much. (I didn't want to burn the board with too much flux.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Ok, so I did a little testing, and it's just the memory stick led that doesn't light. So I think I fixed the joint but the resistor is not working. So yeah, Can I bridge it? I think I some how managed to blow the memory stick led because my psp works normally other than the memory stick led.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:42:24 PM by DLoc »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
yea i think you can bridge it. i havent tried but i have the same problem and someone told me u can. but im too lazy to try lol

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »
Yes you can bridge it, the thing is though now the MS led will be brighter.  Yeah its a real PITA getting 5V from that small chip resistor.  There's plenty of other components on the other side of the MOBO with 5V, just gotta poke around with a DMM.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »
Thanks every one your all ways helpful, I'll just swap the orange for a blue. It's to bad there's not a confirmed spot to scratch and get 5v or 3.6v like on the phat's power board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal