Author Topic: Using PSP Headphone sio for wifi?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Using PSP Headphone sio for wifi?
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:48 AM »
I'm just wondering if it would be possible (possible in terms IF someone could do it, not WILL) to use a SDIO wifi card to get 802.11g signals via headphone jack sio and/or psp memory stick slot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spectec-802.11b%2fg-SDIO-WiFi-WLAN-Wireless-SD-Card-NEW_W0QQitemZ120377079798QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, the xbox 360 chatpad was hacked for qwerty usage. If you had some old Palm phone or something, maybe it would be possible?

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
Re: Using PSP Headphone sio for wifi?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:34:03 AM »
Probably wouldn't be the easiest of mods, when other ways to get higher signal have been done,

What has been done for WiFi is open up the PSP, take out the original antenna and replace it with a different one on the outside for better connectivity, as in this picture where somebody used a NetGear USB 802N:
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »
Yeah, I've heard about the antenna, but to me, it's pretty much useless.

Why? Cuz nobody in my area has a wifi router with 802.11b, it's always g. It's the same for my high school too; g only, no b. ='[

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »
Get a slim.

I ain't sure about phats, but slims can connect to a wireless-g network, even though it says only b.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »
Well personally I've never came across an access point that I couldent connect to. All the ones I've tried work fine.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
Routers that are G are almost all the time A and B, and same with adapters, its just speed, so it will connect to it, my router is wireless N and my psp works with it

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »
Routers that are G are almost all the time A and B, and same with adapters, its just speed, so it will connect to it, my router is wireless N and my psp works with it
You said almost. Well, I live in an area where there's zero B routers (sorry, not trying to sound rude or anything). Whenever there is a wifi spot that has no encryption, it's usually G, sometimes N.

I'm not sure about slims, but my psp phat can't connect to any routers unless it's B compatible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal