Author Topic: im having problem programmer...pls help  (Read 8778 times)

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
im having problem programmer...pls help
« on: August 31, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
so everytime i program a PIC12675 i can program it once but then when i go to reprogram the pic i get a error  that says:

ERROR ->writing address 0x000000
   written:0x2822 Read: 0x3FFF

this happen to all my pic12f29 and pic12675

im using Winpic8000

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • SparkMods - The Mod Repository
Re: im having problem programmer...pls help
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
so everytime i program a PIC12675 i can program it once but then when i go to reprogram the pic i get a error  that says:

ERROR ->writing address 0x000000
   written:0x2822 Read: 0x3FFF

this happen to all my pic12f29 and pic12675

im using Winpic8000

Im from :censored::

The code you are using is probably for the 12F683 no those old models. Try it out with a 12F683

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »
im getting a similar popup but i am using the 12f683...

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
The problem is you are using a serial JDM programmer. Windows XP does NOT allow direct control of i/o. This creates a minute lag while it mediates your control and sends it to the programmer. You have 3 options.....

1. Hack your windows to allow direct access to i/o
This option tends to cause issues in windows, like freaky things happening by them self due to i/o conflicts.

2. Install windows 98 on some ancient pc you have as windows 98 doesnt futz with the i/o. Your serial jdm programmer should work perfectly on 98.

3. Buy a real programmer, which wont have this issue as it will surely use usb NOT serial.  You can obtain a great programmer for 34$, there is a sticky thread with a link to the one I speak of. Just hit your back button.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 04:10:09 AM »
k i have an old computer i can use...

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 04:50:46 AM »
You could try using ICPROG , but since ive set it up, (with the included windows hack) ive had some weird things happening. Mouse clicks i dont do , spazzing mouse movements etc. It does work though.

To be honest and impartial... (im actually a mod @ exophase... I stand to gain nothing promoting products here)
Acidmods offers the rapid fire chips pre-programmed for 8$, if that is what your planning on making, Its a good deal.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 06:46:12 PM »
You could try using ICPROG , but since ive set it up, (with the included windows hack) ive had some weird things happening. Mouse clicks i dont do , spazzing mouse movements etc. It does work though.

To be honest and impartial... (im actually a mod @ exophase... I stand to gain nothing promoting products here)
Acidmods offers the rapid fire chips pre-programmed for 8$, if that is what your planning on making, Its a good deal.

Wow. You are really spreading out some misconceptions. Hack Win XP?

IF you are having problems getting WinPIC800 to directly control your serial port (happens very rarely, most of the time I dont need it) then you can simply use http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/DlPortIO.htm to get the proper port IO drivers.

The problem most people are having come down to 2 things: Using the wrong cable (it has to be an  RS232 extension cable that have all 9 wires straight through) or thier RS232 serial port is TTL level only (produces 5V swing instead of the 13V swing of the old hardware). The JDM relies on the 13V supplied by the serial port to reach the Vpp to program the chip. The alternate DIY programmers that gameroms has given can use the USB port as a source of power in case you have the newer RS232 serial port.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »
from the maker of the JDM programmer I got

"You can download a driver for IC-Prog from their website - it is called "icprog.sys" but it is really just a renamed driver originally called "giveio.sys". This utility was written by Dale Roberts as one of a set of utilities to give applications under NT more control over the I/O ports. Clicking on the "Enable NT/2000/XP Driver" check box in the settings will try to install this "icprog.sys". Under XP (on my box anyway), it installs but can't be started. There is probably some black magic regarding security permissions when creating symbolic links.
The purpose of this driver is to give an application access to the I/O port but only through the driver. This is because XP, like 2000 and NT, doesn't let you have full access to I/O ports like in 95/98/MS-DOS.
However, there is another way. By using another utility written by Dale Roberts, called "totalio.sys", ALL applications can have full control over the I/O ports, and not through a driver's interface. This means you can let IC-Prog use "Direct I/O" instead of "Windows API (in the "Interface" group of hardware settings) and ignore the "Enable NT/2000/XP Driver" option completely. "totalio.sys" (in theory) should also let any programs which control ports directly to work under XP."

Misconceptions? eh bud.... Kinda like frys only being on the west coast... Guess so .  Yes I consider installing a dll to disable security settings native in XP hacking windows. Granted this i/o control is native in 98, but the problem is when you disable the settings via "drivers" that disable security settings in windows indeed you can and most likely will see some undesired effect. The most ive delt with is a few mouse clicks here or there its nothing huge... But if your really planning on learning to program PIC it behooves you to purchase a programmer that has all the options.

I have a JDM programmer. I went threw the effort to get it to work,

The thing is , after time, effort, money, inserting .dll's into windows,  and getting it to work I found out for half the price of the unit above, I could have a programmer that programs about 75 different chips, debugs, and so much more. And it easily (one click) sets up with MPLAB. Most new computers dont even have serial ports. If they do they require a bit of extra work to get working , and then fall short in the capability list. Why work so hard to save so little and lose so much capability. Its quite simple actually.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:13:46 PM by XsavioR »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:29:03 PM »
Yeah, creating a security leak on your serial port is just oh so bad.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8

$13 and programs over 300 chips with WinPIC800. The socket is included so you dont have to 'make' one.

Oh, you didnt really get it before, I said you only need the Port95IO dll for SOME computers, not all. My current rig does not need it. WinPIC800 works without it.

And I have never seen these "undesired effect"s that you keep reffering to.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 09:20:40 PM »
Yeah some pc,,, like ones with win xp 2000 vista etc. Windows 98 works great....  If you have an old pc with serial ports. Otherwise your rigging up a serial port, which cost..... you guessed it more then 34 $.

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027813

Yeah it prolly is more like 300 chips i was simply to lazy to count them as the list is so large.

Seems you got all the answers, so I leave it to you to help the folks who need it here.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:31:47 PM by XsavioR »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »
My current rig is WinXP with DFI Lanparty with stock RS232 port. I dont have portIO installed and WinPIC800 works fine.

My problem here is that you say with abvsolutely unwavering certainty that JDM programmer CANNOT work on WinXP, that they will harm your computer, and the only solution for everyone is to buy a $35 hobbled programmer from Microchip that will require people to put in as much effort to build the interface as it will to simply build the JDM.

What I am saying is that for the last 7 years on multiple Win XP computers I have used JDM programmers (and an ICD 2 I built myself) and I have never seen any of the threats you are trying to scare people with. Not only that, thousands of people have been using the JDM programmer with the same results. If the JDM was as bad as you say, it would not be flooding Ebay with thousands of diffferent versions, WinPIC800 and ICPROG would not have been developed as fas as they have, and there would not be thousands of websites supporting the design.

And just a side note: USB to RS232 converters also work ($15 Newegg) or PCI Xpress RS232 card ($9 Newegg). Although, I have had trouble sometimes with the USB one working on laptops.

Edit: Most of the people here just wanna program a couple of chips themselves. They already know about the $8 chip that is sold, and want more than what it offers. But on the otherhand, they dont want to dump $50+ and the same amount of effort (I really dont get where you think it takes more than 5 minutes to get this working once you get the right cable) than your solution. You have spread this tripe through 8 threads and it is only a matter of your opinion. The original posters want help with the JDM design, not what your peddling. So instead of giving you another chance to get the last word, I am just going to edit my last post and let you keep your 'last word'.  If your not here to help with what these people want, stop pushing them to your way of thinking.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:10:27 AM by Hazer »

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 07:06:24 AM »
Actually Ive stated numerous times that they DO work. But that alot of headache can be involved and you may see some i/o conflicts.  I dont need to scare people... instead I just site the truth that your going to spend a bunch of time saving 10 - 20 $ , and in doing so be expending effort into being able to use ICPROG or some other lesser able programming software on hardware (serial ports) that for all purposes is so old its not on NEW computers. Then yes you have the option of a usb to serial converter, which puts your savings in the RED. You might as well have spent the 15$  more and gotten an industry standard programmer with current connections that work on desktops and laptops alike. That is DESIGNED to work with the best full featured IDE, simulator, debugger which Microchip (the maker of the chips your programming ) gives away for free to allow guys like us to get into PIC programming the right way with out having to spend hundreds of dollars on programmers, IDE, simulators , and debuggers. My faith is in the engineers at microchip whos lively hood depends on people finding their products easy and affordable to use.

So my point is , as it has been that if you plan to get into programming chips seriously... Your better off getting something that is current that has all the new functionality like  in circuit debugging just to name a huge one I know for a fact a JDM programmer will not do. 

The fact still remains that if you dont wish to get into programming chips seriously and are trying to make a rapid fire mod like 90 % of the guys here are trying to do... Acidmods offers these chips for 8$ pre-programmed. Either niche you are trying to convince that I am misleading them or scaring them is better off with something else. 

PS I will post a picture of the interface this guy is trying to scare you with, it consist of a 1.99 radioshack pcb, 5 small pieces of wire, and a 5 pin header (a 50 cent part which will cost you more to ship then to buy, but heck if thats the only thing making you question the decision send me an email I will mail you one for the cost of a stamp)

If you really want to make it look nice, you can put an ic socket on it but ive ruined more chips by bending the hell out of the pins removing and putting them in these and they seem to program with no problem just poking the chip into the pcb.

This really is a case of "Penny wise Dollar dumb" 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:22:07 AM by XsavioR »

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
the 8 dollar chip from wired input is great but not currend. there are codes (from hazer) for 3 mode rapid fire and mode select on the sync button, which is obviously better than one mode. i want that. i already spent about 12 dollars on parts for my jdm and i just want to get that to work

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
If not for your conviction to get it to work, I would suggest asking them to program the chip with the enhanced code.  But I can totally understand wanting it working considering the money is spent.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »
radioshack can program the chips for you!?!!!

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
LOL no i meant talk to Acidmods staff and ask them to put hexers code in instead. You gotta keep in mind we have 133t setups. we can program the chip mighty easy.  as a matter of fact if you send me his code and a chip ill program it and stick it in a self addressed envelop u send with the chip  for ya.

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 03:55:58 AM »
My JDM programmer works flawlessly, i use it nearly everyday, I program chips for everybody in my area for them for a bit of cash, and I use Windows XP and sometimes I use vista, im using ICPROG btw

Also, my JDM programmer, I built it, i didnt buy it, it cost me less than £1 in parts

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »
Do you pay the creators of the code which you are making money off?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Do you pay the creators of the code which you are making money off?
I made the code myself (this isnt rapid fire though)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline HYOSC1NE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 09:23:27 PM »
build the program first if no errors found,debug it, try writting the config of the PIC in the code,see if ur adding the right lkr file, if not. erase all data in the pic, blank check if u get an error ur PIC might have died sorry mate. If not see if ur programer supports the PIC and check the configuration in, prolly ur placing it wrong in the programmer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal