Author Topic: RROD Finally Fixed!--Forever?????  (Read 4840 times)

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
RROD Finally Fixed!--Forever?????
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »
    Please, check out the link to the video and share what you guys think...  http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-34/1292808

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: RROD Finally Fixed!--Forever?????
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:22:59 AM »
Old news

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:29 AM »
PFFFFT, thats what they said about the elite....

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »
    Well, I feel that as technology continues to improve every day, the old technology will eventually get upgraded. Microsoft knows about the long time problems that exist so I believe that in the near future, new redesigned 360's will definitely get a complete internal makeover. Lets keep our fingers cross...

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »
*crosses fingers* I reckon they should just go to xboxscene.com and hire a whole bunch of modders there to be there new engineers and let them re-design the 360

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 04:34:53 AM »
there was a great write up on this in the OXM for febuary. it states that they have vastly decreased the occurance of the RROD with the new jasper board, there are many revisions in the jasper board, the main being smaller GPU and CPU..considerably smaller. but capable of the same performance. the next revision of the 360, which they say are sure wont ever see the RROD is the "Valhalla" which will combine the gpu and cpu into one 45nm chip. it is due to be released this fall

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:09 AM »
    WOW! Interesting, I can't wait. COOL!!

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Pain matters not, Only the Journey ahead
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 02:57:20 AM »
The RROD is caused by Overheating.  It's from Lack of cooling and Insufficient Airflow..  Not from the MOBO..   

They are just setting up to dupe another class of people...

MS does little to fix anything they mess up,  They just design a new one and resell it...

I'll never buy a 360..

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 04:25:42 AM »
The RROD is caused by Overheating.  It's from Lack of cooling and Insufficient Airflow..  Not from the MOBO..  

They are just setting up to dupe another class of people...

MS does little to fix anything they mess up,  They just design a new one and resell it...

I'll never buy a 360..

that is the sillyest thing I have heard,
the RROD is caused from overheating, but what causes overheating??? it is the masive amounts of heat produced by the gpu,(why do you think there is a masive heat sink and all the cooling mods point air flow at the gpu) which in turn causes to mobo to flex and breakes the solder joints at these chips. pleease do your reasearch.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:41:35 AM by modded matt »

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 04:29:56 AM »
that is the sillyest thing I have heard, you obviously dont know what you are talking about. Please go play with your blue ray, because we use real gaming systems over here

the RROD is caused from overheating, but what causes overheating??? it is the masive amounts of heat produced by the gpu,(why do you think there is a masive heat sink and all the cooling mods point air flow at the gpu) which in turn causes to mobo to flex and breakes the solder joints at these chips. pleease do your reasearch.

Wow,  This isn't a flame war child..  You might want to rethink who you are talking to...   But whatever..

Also No offense,  But if you are going to flame,  Learn how to spell. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:34:55 AM by Kenshinffx »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 04:52:27 AM »
there is no flame, just the fact that you dont know what you are speaking of...I really dont care who you think you are...as far as your statment of never buying a 360, if that is the truth, you will be missing out.

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
there is no flame, just the fact that you dont know what you are speaking of...I really dont care who you think you are...as far as your statment of never buying a 360, if that is the truth, you will be missing out.

No I don't think so.   I prefer using items that don't have a risk of breaking at any given point and time..

And you don't know me obviously,   But there others on this site that do..  And they are probably laughing at your feeble attempt to call me an idiot..

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
i dont know you and have no judjment of you one way or another, and I have never called you anything. I have just pointed out the fact that you dont know anything about the xbox or its problems. I have held all three of the xbox mobo's in my hand, and I can tell you there are many differences between each board, and with each revision, there was allways the same agenda, which is to decrease the heat produced by the GPU.

watch out for the latest update for the ps3, I hear it is killing playstations.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:07:53 PM by modded matt »

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »
They could've fixed it by now..   They don't need you to defend them..  They should just fix it like they said they would

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
No I don't think so.   I prefer using items that don't have a risk of breaking at any given point and time..

And you don't know me obviously,   But there others on this site that do..  And they are probably laughing at your feeble attempt to call me an idiot..
I actually laughed a bit Lol

And also matt, it is the motherboard.... Since the CPU and GPU is soldered on and non removable (Unless using a hot air rework station), the heat is made from the motherboard... (Well things attached to it, GPU, CPU, MOSFETS etc). So heating does cause the problem from motherboards...

Also the jasper model was released ages ago... it was put on the market before christmas... I know because my friend got one of those new limited edition red ones and he wanted me to install a new fan on it, and it has a little sticker on it saying "JASPER"

And no the heatsink doesnt cause it to flex and break solder joints u knob head, how can it even bend when its tightly screwed down in an enclosure?

The 'permenant' RROD is caused by the heat, after a while giving the ICs and GPU and CPU so much heat that the transistors get damaged. Thats why CPUs in computers break if there is no cooling and no feature to turn it off at a specific temp

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »
And also matt, it is the motherboard.... Since the CPU and GPU is soldered on and non removable (Unless using a hot air rework station), the heat is made from the motherboard... (Well things attached to it, GPU, CPU, MOSFETS etc). So heating does cause the problem from motherboards...

that is what I just said....

And no the heatsink doesnt cause it to flex and break solder joints u knob head, how can it even bend when its tightly screwed down in an enclosure?
what are you talking about??? please read the post, why would the heat sink cause this??? when the mother board gets hot it flexes due to heat stress. heat warps plastic you KNOB HEAD!!
The 'permenant' RROD is caused by the heat, after a while giving the ICs and GPU and CPU so much heat that the transistors get damaged. Thats why CPUs in computers break if there is no cooling and no feature to turn it off at a specific temp
another wrong statment, close but wrong, the cheap solder breaks, around the GPU, and other items, when the board gets hot and the plastic mobo flexes. and yes they are perminatly conected to the mobo, which is  why most RROd fixes include hot air work!!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:52:13 PM by modded matt »

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 01:01:50 PM »
what are you talking about??? please read the post, why would the heat sink cause this??? when the mother board gets hot it flexes due to heat stress. heat warps plastic you KNOB HEAD!!another wrong statment, close but wrong, the cheap solder breaks, around the GPU, and other items, when the board gets hot and the plastic mobo flexes. and yes they are perminatly conected to the mobo, which is  why most RROd fixes include hot air work!!

dude for real
the prob is air flow and a mixture of bad design on the mobo
if more cooled air could get to the gpu and cpu u think they would heat up so much

and yes when transistors heat up they break and u can't fix them

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »
Anyways,  This isn't supposed to be an argument..  I got a bit upset at you bashing on my opinion,  When it also seems you may be abit more uninformed than you thought..

Never the less.  I didn't start fights when I was an Admin here and I do not intend to do so again...   

On the topic.  I do hope they fix the RROD issue,  and I hope they get things working for you people who spent money on a system you hoped would work out.  My buds have lost MANY 360's to this issue..   In all honesty,  there shouldn't be "backdoor fixes" or "fixes" it should be Fixed.  Not by us,  but by the company.   That's my hopes

Again,  Sorry it turned into a bit of an argument.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 12:22:11 PM »
what are you talking about??? please read the post, why would the heat sink cause this??? when the mother board gets hot it flexes due to heat stress. heat warps plastic you KNOB HEAD!!another wrong statment, close but wrong, the cheap solder breaks, around the GPU, and other items, when the board gets hot and the plastic mobo flexes. and yes they are perminatly conected to the mobo, which is  why most RROd fixes include hot air work!!

1. After reading this, you edited it and tried to make me look dumb, then called me a "Knobhead..". Im no longer 8 but if you are... then there are no problems..

2. Also PCB isnt usually made from plastic, its usually made from thin MDF or something similiar. The plastic PCBs are usually the translucent ones

3. Why are you shouting at me if I was right?

More stupid than my little brother

And say im flaming if you want... But im showing that your just talking nonsense, then you edit what you said and make it worse

On the topic.  I do hope they fix the RROD issue,  and I hope they get things working for you people who spent money on a system you hoped would work out.  My buds have lost MANY 360's to this issue..   In all honesty,  there shouldn't be "backdoor fixes" or "fixes" it should be Fixed.  Not by us,  but by the company.   That's my hopes
Not to put your hopes down, but microsoft never fixes anything... Or atleast when they do, something worse happens (Abit like when I repair things)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »
LMAO it doesn't matter if they do or dont fix it they already  stole hella peoples money including mine by selling us faulty unreliable :censored: that everyone thinks is awsome   :angry:   i was thinking of getting the new xbox that comes with resident evil 5 but after reading this thread i'll stick with my ps3 it's never let me down never over heats i even tried putting my tv and ps3 in the closet and it doesn't overheat it just speeds the fan up crazy fast it sounds kinda scary  :fear: but it never  :censored: up like the 360  :tup:

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:57 AM »
So its settled, 360 heats because its microsoft, and ps3 only heats when its in an oven (Or near a 360)

The only way microsoft can get this bad stereotype away now is to replace everybodys 360 with a new version (Like a whole new console) free of charge. But ofcourse they will never do that

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline mingmaster

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »
Well My sons 360 got an RRoD after 6 mnths, as it was still in warranty i sent it off to microsoft to repair, Got it back 2 weeks later with a little note giving me details of the fault.
The fault with my sons xbox was the DVD rom according to the letter, If this was the case then it dismisses all that say RRoD is caused solely by overheating.
Oh....and i got a little creditcard sized scratchcard giving me 1 month gold for my troubles..................Very nice of them.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »
so if it was the dvd rom according to them then that means they'll never fix the problem also means bluray player kicks dual layer players  :censored: 

PS3: :#1:
360: :boxed:

but then again sony mest up by only making some ps3s backwards compatable and with 2 usb slots

both systems are always gona have their ups and downs but in the long run lets just enjoy kicking  :censored: onlinne :cool:  :drunk:

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »
Well My sons 360 got an RRoD after 6 mnths, as it was still in warranty i sent it off to microsoft to repair, Got it back 2 weeks later with a little note giving me details of the fault.
The fault with my sons xbox was the DVD rom according to the letter, If this was the case then it dismisses all that say RRoD is caused solely by overheating.
Oh....and i got a little creditcard sized scratchcard giving me 1 month gold for my troubles..................Very nice of them.

Yeah they lied to you,   Although I'm pretty sure the RROD is kinda like a 360 BIOS Beep Code,  It gives you an Error message some of the time stating what it is.  But it does that if your 360 Fails to boot up I'd imagine..

Lookkool,  In regards to the PS3 incompatibility.   They stated that if people wanted the prices dropped on the system,  They'd have to cut some things..   Those were the cuts.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
yep the RROd is just a catch all telling you the system is dead. it dosnt exactly mean it overheated. RROD means you have experianced hardware failure. then there is a secondary code that must be retreaved from the system the instructions to get this code and what it means can be found here:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21654.0

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
Well you learn something new Everyday...   usually it's the overheating thing...  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal