Author Topic: Rumor: New version of the 360 controller  (Read 1165 times)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Rumor: New version of the 360 controller
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
a bit of news about a possibly new version of the 360 controller with more sensitive right analog stick:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=35551

Discuss

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Rumor: New version of the 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:07:07 AM »
Not sure I understand the concept, the analogs read every slight movement as it is, it’s the game programming that slows down the sensitivity. Go into cod5 and got to settings, put the sensitivity on custom and extreme, then tell me if you really think the controller has a sensitivity problem.

Bottom line,
It’s not the controller, it’s the game programming.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:08:44 AM by modded matt »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
yup I was thinking that same thing, the analog sensitivity already has a solution in most software.  Maybe whowever wrote the article mistook the right analog for the digital pad... idk.  Cant say there is really anything I would change on the 360 controller for the next rev, dpad issues excluded.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:35:04 AM »
yep, d-pad issues, and as for the anologs, I would like to see something more durable in the knobs. the little grip dots that disapear after a month of playing are rediculous, once they are gone, the knobs become slick and I find myself constantly readjusting my grip. the concave idea is cool, but make it from a more textuerd plastic, instead of the soft rubber it is now.

another good idea, if we are redesigning the controller, to make it more user friendly, would be to allow reasignment of all the buttons. I am talking a full hardware profile, (change A button to trigger, but leave left trigger aim)  controls set up how I want them not the three preset choices most programing gives.

I dont think this would be too dificult to do, sell it with a usb and a user friendly program for your computer would be great....New Mod ideas???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal