Author Topic: ps2 hard drive mod?  (Read 5559 times)

Offline dctravis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
ps2 hard drive mod?
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
hi, im sorry but i didnt see any spot to put this topic so i just threw it in generl discussion.

I plan on buying a ps2 and would like to get a new one so it hase a warranty and plan on buying the slim because i think that that is all that is out now, am i correct?

Is there any way to install a hard drive inside of the ps2 slim and if not is there anyway to use it with a cord. Also i want to install a mod chip and am curious which one would work for me. i just want to play backed up us games. i dont care about games from different regions or anything like that.

My main question is, in order to play backed up games off of a hard drive on a ps2 slim, which ps2 slim model do i need or does it matter and what other parts and extras do i need. also i have a few Hitachi HTS721010G9SA00 100GB SATA 7200rpm 2.5" hard drives and wondering if anyone knows whether or not they would work.

I want to be able to just throw a bunch of games on the hard drive and play them without switching disks and modding the case for the ps2 is not preferred but i am willing if it is necessarry.

Thank you guys for your time and I hope you are able to help me because i suck with this stuff but really want to start getting better at it.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: ps2 hard drive mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:20 PM »
should have posted here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

i dont think you can install a hdd on a slim just the brick one cos it has the port at the back so you could install one
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »
Only the Phat one with the HHD/Network attachment.

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
my two ps2 slim do have two usb ports and ethernet plug in ........  so surely external HDD  should work thru usb port ????
slimline rules thanks to recarnis :-)

Offline eddieluu

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
U can get a hd to work on the slim u have to get hdcombo 4 it. it will void the warranty of ur ps2. here the site 4 the hdcombo www.hdcombo.com

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:15 AM »
thanks eddie . much appreicated :tup:   dont care about warranty  as i dont have one and i bought slim from fleabay  :laughing:
slimline rules thanks to recarnis :-)

Offline mybills2356

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:48 AM »
I have a fatboy I havent used in a while that is modded. It has a chip in it. It has the hdloader dashboard and a 200gb HD if your interested in that. I actually lost the hdloader disk but you can DL it onto another disk from online.Its actually somewhere in my storage but I have no clue where. Let me know if your interested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal