Author Topic: I'm new and this is my idea  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Emiliow

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I'm new and this is my idea
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
Hello.
I'm new here on this site, and I've never done any modding before. I've just seen some of the results, you are possible to get and it's pretty cool.

I got this kind of idea, to make a Jukebox themed PSP Slim & Lite. With LED in the L and R trigger, either with music responding light or constant light with turn on off switch. And also a jukebox skin for my PSP. I do have CFW for it and if you know some good themes or anything, please tell me.

As I said, I'm new and I'll probably need all the help I can get.

By The Way: What is a pandora battery?

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
Re: I'm new and this is my idea
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »
Hi. Welcome to AcidMods.  :hifive:
  About your ideas, these both have been done. The music responding lights are called sound reactive LEDs, and can be wired up using an 2n2222 NPN transistor or connecting the LEDs direct contact. The ones turned on and off by a switch are normally turned on and off by the hold switch, and for the PSP fat, sometimes the WiFi switch.
There are many great themes on the internet. I recommend GirlGamers :D. Also, a Pandora battery is basically a modified battery used to put CFW onto the PSP, in conjunction with the Magic Memory Stick. And you could probably get a jukebox skin from DecalGirl, and if they haven't got one you can have your own custom ones made online.
 And don't worry about being new; everybody on AcidMods started as a Guppy (apart from admin :)), and eventually you will probably know a lot in this field.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:06:55 AM by pspupgrade »
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: I'm new and this is my idea
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
Even some of the admins started as a guppy at one point or another! Even Robin said he originally just came here to get a mod done by 4dP and intended to leave after that, but now look! Co-Owner of AcidMods!

But yeah you can also do the sound reactive leds with an lm386.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal