Author Topic: Need some button mod help  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need some button mod help
« on: March 03, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »
so im trying to make an xbox theme psp slim but i ran into some issues they dont fit together and i dont have a dremel or w/e the tools name is to make the holes bigger so i tried sanding but it didnt seem to work any ideas on what to try?

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Re: Need some button mod help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »
Do you have some sort of pics to show us what your trying to do? I don't understand.  :confused:

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:46:29 PM »
Not the best camrea guy but i hope this helps
the d pad and the pressure pad needs to be inside the psp where the [] /\ x and o button are and use the xbox buttons instead of the psp buttons
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w94/fayko/P1010018.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w94/fayko/P1010017.jpg

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »
Those buttons are HUGE compared to those of the psp O_O It'll probably be really difficult, if not impossible. Start off by cutting the button down - it's like 2x as long as the psp ones. Then if it's too big for the hole yea use a dremel or something and sand out the holes. This is gonna be difficult...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 06:57:33 PM »
thanks for the response m8 i know its gonna be a pain specially not having all the tools How exactly should i go about cutting the buttons ?

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »
Ok it looks ok, don't take this in offense but i think it's a bit strange..  :huh:

Anyway, here is what I would do.

Dis assemble your PSP (take the faceplate off) take the butons. pull or cut them off the rubber. <<< no sure if that pert is necessary try it for yourself. Then get a hot glue gun, heat it up, while it's heating cut your Xbox button(s) up to about here: , then measure the right size drill bit, drill hole in the faceplate from the bottom out the size of the xbox buttons, now that the hot glue gun is hot and your faceplate and buttons are done, now you have to do this quick, (not sure but the buttons look hollow at least a little) ok, add some glue to the bottom of all the buttons then before the glue dries stick them on the rubber then when it dries hit the base of all the buttons with a bead of glue all the way around. Once done, put the buttons back on and faceplate. Enjoy!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
hmm no dremel? Well idk if you can cut down the buttons without breaking them, or if there is something inside the button that you need for structural support. I don't know what they look like. But, if you know you can cut it, then you can probably just take a hobby knife or something and attempt to cut it, and then sand it to make it nice and smooth with sand paper.

And EliteGamer... You can't directly glue it onto the rubber pad unless the button is small enough that you glue it only to the part that sticks up... Otherwise you can't use the button.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
it doesn't have to fit but just glue them in the middle of the part that sticks up. so it will fit through the new holes drilled in the faceplate.

Offline Fayko

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
thanks for the advice m8s imma try to get a dremel from a shop near my store ill drill a hole cut it in half and sand it half Ill try to do it soon and post. Lastly im having trouble finding info on a how to or a full parts list for a halo 3 rapid fire troller and help ? I know its off topic and im sorry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal