Author Topic: magic mem stick?  (Read 788 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
magic mem stick?
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
how do i go about making one?

also i think i may have screwed up making the pandora... i disconnected 2 pins but it still auto powers on and hangs with the black screen w/o mem stick put in... i read thats what is supposed to happen...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:00:39 PM by Kilokk »

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: magic mem stick?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:26:33 PM »
Do you have a magic memory stick? Do you have access to a homebrew capable psp? Is your psp phat, slim, or brite?

We need details in order to help.

Here's the Total Newbie Installer:

http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-%28on-PC%29/pg/12/fid/14749/catid/193

I'm in the quick reply so I can't hyperlink that for you, but this will get you a magic memory stick if you don't have access to a homebrew capable psp. You can even do this with a card reader.

The Total Newbie Installer will only get your firmware so high, so you'll have to do that on your own.

P.S. Use the SEARCH next time.

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: magic mem stick?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
If your talking about having removed two pins from the battery EEPROM, then you know you only have to remove ONE pin (pin 5).  But as far as what you described the battery doing when inserted, yes, that is stupposed to happen with the battery in but no memstick.

Follow the link Kilokk gave you, the info on making the MMS should be pretty easy to follow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal