Author Topic: RROD Question!!!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
RROD Question!!!
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:51:28 PM »
 Can any body tell me what this two lit quadrants mean? I've check Llamas code tutorial, but is does not identifies this two specific lighted quadrants. Furthermore, I don't have a way to list what type of code error it gives. Any info is appreciated. Thanks...                                                                                               

Offline bucadepepo

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: RROD Question!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
I believe this is a problem with your av cable, could be mistaken.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:45:17 AM »
No if it was your AV cable all four lights would be flashing. Hmmmm, so you turn it on and only those two quadrants flash ? wierd...try get an error code by doing what it says in this thread:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21654.0

Do you get any error code on the tv ?

btw, that drawing is wrong it goes:

1/ \2
 3\ /4

Are you sure its 2 and 4 flashing ?  Coz your picture is drawn up wrong. Could it maybe be 1 and 3 flashing ? If so it means its overheated. To fix that, I would do the X clamp mod, and re-apply the thermal paste (Use arctic silver) and then tighten the heat syncs.

You can get arctic silver at any computer store.

Hope this helps
Max
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:56:33 AM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:15:28 AM »
that pic is a mess, if you look at the orintation of the power emblem, if he drew it corectly. it could be two different things depending on what position the xbox is in.

standing up===lights 2&3
laying down===lights 1&4

I cannot find anything that speakes of spacific quadrents. they all say two lights mean it got hot and needs to cool, boarder line over heat.

what is the xbox doing??
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:18:01 AM by modded matt »

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »
    Yes Max Kreeger, you are correct about the drawing. It's partially wrong. The only wrong thing about the drawing is the way the numbers are sequence but it does not change the way the quadrants are lit. This is the way it is lit on the console when positioned horizontally and for modded matt, you never seems to amaized me with your negative comments. I guess that from our last discussion, you have not learned anything, leaving degrading comments on threads but thank you for your comment. Any way, this is the actual pic.                                                                   

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
dude, WOW, that came from left field, what part of the post did you have a problem with? you hand drew a bad pic. that looked like it was scaned upside down. I am trying to help you and other members understand your post.

I ddi not read the name of the poster, I just read the problem and the picture. I honestly dont have any idea of the degrading coment you are refuring to.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:16:24 AM »
Ok cool your jets guys lol, just put it aside. Lets concentrate on fixing the problem...

Hmmmm. Ok lets look at it systematically...one red light in the second quadrant means overheating...one red light in third quadrant means a hardware failure (try re-inserting all your cables). BUT I've read some where that any combination of two lights means damaged or undetected AV cable or overheating. So, try re-insert all the cables.

Max

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal