Author Topic: were to solder for my leds  (Read 1254 times)

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
were to solder for my leds
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:03:02 PM »
Hi i have a slim and i want to put led in my trigger but i want to be able to shut them of with my hold switch or my wifi what ever is easyest.I've looked at alot of tut can't figure out were to solder to can someone please show me were to solder my wirers to PLEASE.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: were to solder for my leds
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:10 PM »
If you want sound reactive follow lordnico's tutorial (if you have a multi-meter just find any 5volt power source that you feel comfortable soldering to, If you don't want sound reactive, here is what I did. I soldered to the right speakers +. I soldered the wifi switch like in lordnico's tutorial, and - led to the dead pin on the wifi switch. So they are solid on/off not sound reactive. But to get them to light at first you need to move the dpad or hit a button and make a sound. (Like the direct connect sound reactive method requires) Hope that helps. 

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »
witch one is the dead pin and can i use the 30 g magnetic wirer to bridge them.the + goes to the v5 and the - goes to the ground on the wifi switch is that right.How many led can i run of that

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »
The dead pin is the one furthest to the right when looking at the pins. (like in the tutorial says) You think it's ok to use the magnetic wire as long as it doesn't touch anything else, but the anode and cathode pins.
- I have mine running off of the right speakers + (anode) connection and grounded to the dead pin of the wifi switch.
- I'm running 2 blue led's on that right now. (plan to add more when my clear case comes in.

Offline skd05

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 05:19:03 PM »
Cool thanks i did mine the way you did yours and it works perfict.Ha were are you getting your clear case from i need one for my phat & Slim i need a good place to get parts like umd door faceplate stuff like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal