Author Topic: Help me, PLEASE.  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Help me, PLEASE.
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »
iM SO damn pissed, tis happening again, i cant DL anything. I had the 1000 XBL points and i cant download the cod5 maps, cod4 maps, anything.

The error is- 80070185, this is like the only time i ask for help, PLEASE. I need it. Im just so angry right now.... I think its the HD but idk wtf to do..

Offline Magic Monkey

• Club AM VIP
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help me, PLEASE.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32:15 AM »
As usual, I can't download anything, this meaning I can't experience the beta. Four times I've tried, first time it got to 47% then stopped. The next three which I just did today consecutively all stopped at 39% with the exact same status code (80070185). Everyone saying that the beta's awesome and/or addicting is simply (to me) a big rub in the face that I can't get the beta for....for what? Why? Why can everyone else get it but I can't even see my download get past 50%? Give me a real reason. I've got 10 GB free on my hard drive, I've done the maintenance, three times, deleted the incomplete beta info before each download, have had to get three updates for Crackdown after the so-called "fix update", I've tested my connetion twice, and it says no problem. Once again, why?

Your connection is getting timed out.  Don't delete the incomplete data.  When it stops turn off your Xbox 360 and turn it back on or turn your modem off as well and turn everything back on modem first then Xbox 360.  And use your Xbox 360 for as long as possible while its being downloaded.

From http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25629880&union_id=1312&page=1

Offline Magic Monkey

• Club AM VIP
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:35:06 AM »
I tried to download them at the wee hours of the morning with no success.

I called tech support (18004MYXBOX) and talked to a rep about it. He said that he is almost sure the problem is the router or gateway I am using; if your router/gateway has the NAT setting on moderate (or anything other than open), supposedly the download will not work.

He told me to access my router and open these ports:

UDP88
UDP3074
TCP3074

After doing this, supposedly the download should work. I can't try it out myself for a couple of days, but when I do I will report back with my results. If it doesn't work, obviously I'll be calling tech support back to try a different solution.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15315709&postRepeater1-p=1#15447112

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:27:55 AM »
Thanks bro, ill try those out :D I hope this works because i get so pissed whem im playing TDM and i get kicked for not having makin day LOL

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:38:27 AM »
for nat settings, it is recomended by MS to open these ports, and point them towards the xbox, howvever depending on the router this may not allawys solve the problem, the one sure way to eliminate interferance from the router is to open a DMZ to the xbox. (insert flame here) to do this you must manually assign a static ip address to the xbox and register it in the router as a DMZ server. this will expose the xbox to the world, a straight open link. this will allow all information to freely flow to and from the xbox. make sure you manually assign a IP address to the 360 and use a higher number something your laptop or pc wont pic up if they come on and the xbox is not using it. the computer will take the first avail (192.168.1.101) and the next lap top that logs on will take 192.168.1.102...etc. set the DMZ to something like 192.168.1.115. I say all this becouse if you open a DMZ to your computer, it completly exposes it and in turn will expose all other networked computers that share the internet conection.

I have been running a DMZ on my xbox since the dawn of the 360, with no problems.

edit: there sure has been alot of double posting going on as of late???
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:42:53 AM by modded matt »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
Also im using Ethernet so.. Shouldnt that not do anything??

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »
ethernet isnt doing anything
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »
No like i mean its not over WIFI, isnt the port messing only needed for wifi or no? Because LIVE works fine too, i have all bars on my connection usually.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »
oh sorry lol yeah ports are only for wifi.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 05:16:05 AM »
that is incorect, port forwarding is not just for wireless, port forwarding affecta all ports. what would make you think this is only wireless? go into the xbox system, do a conection test. the new dashboard will tell you, if you have a problem with NAT settings. xbox live can still operate with moderate NAT settings, this is why some people have problems conecting to just one of thier friends, but can conect to all others. NAT settings are responcable for this, they filter ALL incoming trafic, which is bad for gaming and voice/video chat or downloads. the conection test will say "xbox live is running, but there is a problem" something like that. or if you dont have NAT problems it will just say "xbox live is up and running

Just so you know, it was not just you yesterday, there were alot of people having the same problem you were. the servers were overloaded with all the simotanious downloads of the same material

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
I think the server was down so it wasn't working. I was on another forum and someone else had a similar problem yesterday.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »
yup, happend to me and like 5 of my friends.  I think it is pretty much a busy signal that you get from live when there are too many people trying to access at once.

Solution: keep trying, over and over and over till you get it.  I took me like 5 minutes of trying before I got it.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »
Its not only this though, i still cant download Makin Day, LOL.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal