Author Topic: Led Swap Problem...  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Led Swap Problem...
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
Right.. So last night I swapped the leds in my controller to blue, they work fine. Except...

When the controller is charging with my charge and play, it is really bright, then you unplug it its quite bright....

But about 30 mins later they are super dim and starting turning off completely, I kinda shook the controller and they came back on but abit dim again....

Anyone else had this problem, Or know how to solve it..?

Thanks

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Led Swap Problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »
from my experence the lights might need extra power from the battery than usually and when plugged in they,re getting all the power they need.  just like rapid fire every thing works better on a full battery. just keep a couple spare lying around like i do keep um full charge and change when they are at 3 bars

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
Whats the forward voltage of the LED's ? Did you get the super bright ones ? Because the controller can only do 3.3v. The blue LED's that I got had a minimum forward voltage of 3.0v and they work fine. So I think its that...Where did you buy them from. Do you have the specifications ?

Edit:

Sorry they only have 3.0v to play with and many common blue LED's are 3.4v, here check this thread out...its when I was having problems with LED swapping:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25747.0

P.S. I fixed the ripped pads lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:43:46 PM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »
i ordered mine from an xbox modding website so they just supplied me with th right stuff they dont have any specs though

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 04:41:53 AM »
hmmm, I still think that what I said earlier is the problem. Send them an email and ask what the forward voltage is...

sorry for the late reply

Offline xSLICKVICx

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:53:04 AM »
yeah i have had this problem just solder on new leds and that should do it. Well at least it worked for me Good luck

Offline tnsmongoose

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
yeah i have had this problem just solder on new leds and that should do it. Well at least it worked for me Good luck

im glad you fixed your problem you had.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal