Author Topic: Sega Fight Stick Upgrade...  (Read 1672 times)

Offline DarkZeroDai

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Sega Fight Stick Upgrade...
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
Well sheesh where do i start? lol
OK i have had this Mega Drive Arcade Stick for years and I'm thinking and kinda hoping i can convert it to 360 mainly for Street Fighter 4 but also for the challenge only problem is i have no idea how  :wacko:

i saw some one turned a 360 controller into an arcade stick and housed it in a pizza box! Website Here. Only problem is the website is foreign and hard to understand and im not to sure it sounds like i just have to solder wires from the old fight stick buttons to the 360 control's little black metal circle thingys shown on this pic

But that all sounds too easy.
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or maybe how im supposed to do it =S

If i can get any info i will post pics on how it worked out and maybe even a tutorial if people are interested =]

Offline DarkZeroDai

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Sega Fight Stick Upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
Now that i look at it, i was kinda misleading although it is for a Sega Megadrive/Genesis the Fight Stick MD 6 was produced by AsciiWare. My Apologies

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Sega Fight Stick Upgrade...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »
I dont emagine it would be super tough, rip out all the gutsof the fight stick, remove triggers and anolog sticks from 360 mobo put the mobo in the new fight stick and wire everything accordingly, to just make it work would not be that bad, to make it completly functional will be tough.  well to be honest it will all be tough, but it can be done. we canot just tell you exactly how to do it. and i am sure there is no tut for it, you are traveling into uncharted teritory, take lots of good pics as you go along, if you cant get something to work ask and we can help with that function (ie how to wire triggers, how to wire buttons, how to wire stick)

as far as tying the chips together, I am not sure that will work. two problems I see, one is that you only have one stick, the other is that you dont have enough buttons. for street fighter I dont think you need them though.

good luck to you

use this button to edit your post so you dont have to double post pklease----------------------------->

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal