Author Topic: Micro-Vibration Motor ?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline KnuxProd.

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Micro-Vibration Motor ?
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:54:15 AM »
i was wondering if i can install a 3VDC Micro-Vibration Motor on my speaker wire so it would be like sound reactive light but vibration... wat resistors would i need or will it drain to much battery.

Don't know it it has been made...

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: Micro-Vibration Motor ?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:00:34 AM »
Thats basically the same as the motors you find in cell phones.  Hooking it up to a speaker terminal would cause it to be on all the time (at various speeds) as the audio is aways on, unless muted.  Used with the 2n2222 transistor method could give some good results though.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:58 AM »
no that won't work, unless you wan't rumble on constantly. I sugest a lower volatage rumble motor like this http://www.precisionmicrodrives.com/product_info.php?products_id=171 and wiring it the 2n2222 transistor way (diagram found in tutorial section here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=28797.0)

That should be good as there is only about 2v to work with across the trasistor.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline KnuxProd.

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:36:51 AM »
thanks for the reply. i want lots of rumble seeing as i just use my psp for a while when bored. and want it to be one of its kind.

so if im correct the 3vdc micro-vibration motor with the diagram Ghost_Death posted i can accomplish this mod? or will it be better to go for 1.3v

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal