Author Topic: Sound Reactive LED Mod  (Read 157184 times)

Offline Takahashi

• Evangelion 01
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0

Help a fellow out and buy his stuff, Everything MUST go!
Signature and Avatar by Kenshinffx.

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sound Reactive LED Mod
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »
can someone give a parts number listing? i would like to do this mod but i cant find the correct resistors or leds.

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm having a tough time finding the resistors too... radioshack.com doesn't seem to have them.

Offline can we hack it?

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Smashgfx owner
    • smashgfx.com - learn something new!
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2007, 10:21:44 PM »
http://nexthacks.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10

these seem to work fine for me.. and im not just saying that because it is my shop.. lol

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »
how bout the leds? i can only seem to find those huge ones. i have a spare semi working cell phone that has suuuuuuuper tiny leds in it. but i have to figure out how to take them out. if i can buy the leds used in the tutorial i would like to do that.

Offline paki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2007, 06:58:17 AM »
hello I am completing my modification sound reactive led Mod with internal speaker but  I Haven't successful to find the resistances 191 kohms and 30K ohms, I can directly mount it on the speaker without resistances? what would happen? excuse my English i'm Italian
thanks to all  :beg:

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »
hello I am completing my modification sound reactive led Mod with internal speaker but  I Haven't successful to find the resistances 191 kohms and 30K ohms, I can directly mount it on the speaker without resistances? what would happen? excuse my English i'm Italian
thanks to all  :beg:

if you do not use resistence the led's would stay on and not pulse..

Offline paki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
my store does not have those resitenze goes something of similar well? thanks

Offline MaO

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2007, 03:58:34 AM »
how bout the leds? i can only seem to find those huge ones. i have a spare semi working cell phone that has suuuuuuuper tiny leds in it. but i have to figure out how to take them out. if i can buy the leds used in the tutorial i would like to do that.
i think the ones you need  are 0603 smt leds

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »
191k OHM (currently $0.79 FOR 100)
1% Tolerance

http://www.opamp-electronics.com/~opamp/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_28_60&products_id=810

30k OHM (currently $0.99 FOR 100)
5% Tolerance

http://www.opamp-electronics.com/~opamp/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_27_56&products_id=479

just a helpful link is all ^^ (Radio Shack is expensive)

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
does anyone know if 2 chips fit inside the PSP? and are the chips smart enough to read what a MIC is saying?

IDEA: 2 chips for stereo vision, and 2 Mini USB's on each side, hooked up to 5V and the chip for each side, then i can plug in 2 little MICs, and have the PSP pulse to voices etc.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline paki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2007, 03:42:29 AM »
thanks HOP but I have decided to modify my psp connetting + and - of speaker in line out but I do not find the schemes and where to connect + and - on line out someone could post the schemes outline for mono and the stereo channel and a photo in which are looked positive  and negative of line out? thanks
I can solder +5v or I must solder on 3.8v of the battery? thanks  :beg:

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2007, 04:51:32 AM »
does it need to  be that specific ohm? or can i use a 33k and something around 190k? also what are the leds used in the mod? i know smd leds are good, but i dont want to have to order soo many leds, and soo many resistors and have the shipping be more than if i were to just pick up something at a local store. i have to find the dag gone store first though lol.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »
LOL @ nismo...

my order of 200 resistors (100 @ 191k   100 @ 30k) and 3 (YES THATS RIGHT 3) stereo headphone jacks (PC MOUNT W/DPST Switch) came out to:

:::DRUMROLL PLEASE:::

$4.71

3x @ .30 = .90
1x 100pk 30k @ .89
1x 100pk 191k @ .79
shipping @ 2.13

and it came before stuff i ordered awhile ago ^^ OpAmp = my choice for resistors and such...

WOOT...

anyhow i made my soundmod chip... NEED MY FCKING LED's....

i have 500ft of green kynar
50ft red, white, and blue
4 audio amplifier chips...

all im waiting on is my LED's

canwehackit ran out of led's when i ordered so i had to go with ebay..

I SUPPORT FELLOW MODDERS (even if the cost is slightly more), however in this case i dont have the time to wait till he gets stock in! (im the guy who ordered all the blue LED's in your store!!!  i switched to green however as it is going to be a theme of this specific PSP.

Offline Red_Devil

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »
Hi all, I've got a quick question. I've completed the mod, but, My LED lights up but won't pulse. I unfortunatly had to use 200 K Ohm resistor (over spec.) in place of the 191 K Ohm spec'd one (non available in the whole of South Africa, I know, because I've called them all). My question is, could this be the reason for the LED not pulsing? If so, are there any other alternatives to solving this problem other than having to import these resistors at a cost that I'm sure will compare to the cost of my PSP. My possible solutions, could I use a 190 K Ohm resistor instead (under spec.) or maybe connecting two surface mount's (to save space) 380 K's in series to get the 190 K. Please advise, I really like this mod and would like to complete it. (I'm the only person "that I know of" in Cape Town, South Africa that has a modified PSP, and I'd like to retain my bragging rights as I've followed all Cyberpyrot and F00 F00's mod's to the "T" for a very long time.

In the words of our fearless leader, MR ALI G "Respect!!" to Cyberpyrot and the entire Acid Mod's team and Dark_Alex.)
It's better to burnout, than to fade away...

Offline Red_Devil

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2007, 11:54:20 PM »
Hi to all of ya, I successfully completed my Sound Reactive LED Mod  :tup: , I couldn't find the required 191 K Ohm resistor, so I got a 180 K Ohm and a 11 K Ohm and wired it in series ...... the mod works perfectly. I also wire two LED's to the IC instead of one per IC so that it doesn't take up too much space (gotta leave space for incase the Acid Mod's team decides to release something new again). I fitted the IC and the resistors under the memory card reader board (lots of extra space there). Anyways, just wanted to let ya all know that it worked and also to say thanks to the Acid Mods team. PROP's ta ya all.  :clap:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:57:58 PM by Red_Devil »

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2007, 06:59:05 AM »
Hi to all of ya, I successfully completed my Sound Reactive LED Mod  :tup: , I couldn't find the required 191 K Ohm resistor, so I got a 180 K Ohm and a 11 K Ohm and wired it in series ...... the mod works perfectly. I also wire two LED's to the IC instead of one per IC so that it doesn't take up too much space (gotta leave space for incase the Acid Mod's team decides to release something new again). I fitted the IC and the resistors under the memory card reader board (lots of extra space there). Anyways, just wanted to let ya all know that it worked and also to say thanks to the Acid Mods team. PROP's ta ya all.  :clap:

Awsome post some pictures or video for us to put on the front page

Offline Takahashi

• Evangelion 01
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »
I believe thats my cue.....lol but yea lets see a video. Pics dont work to well with a "sound" mod lol

Offline paki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »
hello to all I would want to modify my psp with the reactive led that they are activated when I insert of the earpieces but I do not succeed to understand where +  and - of line out I enclose you one photo of line out of psp thanks
I have designed a circle of the possible contacts that they correspond to + and - of linens out

Offline Eberpal

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Using Resistors
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2007, 12:00:28 PM »

Hi guys, i've tried this mod first on my protoborad and i put one led with 180kohm on the + and - speaker connections, and the other one without them, and as you can see on the video they both work perfectly. But maybe they worked becausse i used these other kind of LED.

here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bW_Rol67SI

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Using Resistors
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »
Hi guys, i've tried this mod first on my protoborad and i put one led with 180kohm on the + and - speaker connections, and the other one without them, and as you can see on the video they both work perfectly. But maybe they worked becausse i used these other kind of LED.

here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bW_Rol67SI

you only need the resistors if your connecting it to the internal speakers if you connect to the external headphone jack you won't need the resistors..

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
I'm still confused on the wiring, do I use the same spots for +5v and GND for both LED's or do I use another spot?

Offline can we hack it?

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Smashgfx owner
    • smashgfx.com - learn something new!
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »
we now have blue , green and red leds in stock..

I would like to apalogise to everyone that ordered from the nexthacks shop and have not yet received your item(s) it turns out that we had a blackdeath happen to us.. i had some family issues to deal with and i made all your orders and handed them to a person to ship for me while i was gone and it turnes out that he never sent them and in fact sold them localy to some friends of his. i have resent out most of your orders and they will be there shortly.

but please pm me with your order number so i can confirm that i have sent out your order, i dont want to miss anyone and i promise to you guys that this will never happen again

Offline Ninjax

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
Now thats just pimping...

Offline paki

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:11 AM »
hi i'have completed my mod with internal speaker it work but not perfectly because the led (red) not produce a big pulse.....
i have used:
2 led red 3mm
1 resistor 180k ohms 5% for + of speaker
1 resistor 33k ohms 5% for - of speaker
1 resistor 33k ohms for the - of leds in GND
what I can change for a big pulse?
and the ON/OFF of hold......how I realize it?

Offline Red_Devil

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »
Hi, "to Paki", I don't think the "1 resistor 33k ohms for the - of leds in GND" is needed. Remove this one and you should get a better result. If you still don't get what you need then try to change your resistors to the specified one ie. 30K on the (-) ground and 191k on the (+) positive, this might also improve the effect. Good luck.

EDIT:

Hi Paki, this link will help you with the hold button mod. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2700.0

Cheers for now.

Please hyperlink your links with

Red_Devil, next time "modify" (aka edit) your first post, please do not double post.

Ilz, next time merge the two posts together, don't just leave a double post...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:42:58 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »
hey im requesting a wireing diagram for the duel channel with a potiotentometer for the music mod plz and ty

Offline Takahashi

• Evangelion 01
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »
Check the wiki for tutorial.

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »
i have there is nothing for the duel channel mod

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3