Author Topic: Looking to be the best... what do you want in a psp?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Asharon31

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Impossible is bull:censored:"
Looking to be the best... what do you want in a psp?
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
The title pretty much says it all. I'll do you all a favor and get to the point -before- giving the lengthy details.
Basically, what this thread is all about is what you guys would want in a possible psp2/modded psp. We've all seen the concept art for possible models and and certainly some of us have drooled over them. Well heres a good chance for everyone to throw their two cents in.

My purpose for doing this...
For the longest time now my goal has been to mod my psp hardcore into what I think the psp should be, so with the rise of the new dsi... I with measly saved cash am beginning to take the leap of spending some money on some mods, some of which are easy, and others of which are near impossible. I'll knock them out little by little regardless as my budget and time allows me.

A little about me:
I'm just starting to get into this a little more, I'm still short on money being a high schooler with no job and I'm sure that will not be changing anytime soon given collage soon and moving out. Alas, one of my favorite hobbies is taking apart my psp into bits and fixing and tweaking with it as much as I can.
I have about 3 working phats, 1 of which is semi-working, and a nice chunk of phat parts, I'd say about 3-4 more psp worths (no screens sadly)... also 1 slim (bricked) and a plossible 3000 model with a broken screen.

And FINALLY... My two cents:

haha jk.
The mod I'm planning in all completeness will be close to impossible but for the most part isn't THAT far fetched just a little extreme. There's things that may not be able to work but something else of similar stature that will. So saying little more hoopla, heres a list of mods I'm pursuing.

Overall:
x2 higher quality speakers (then current)
x1 Outward Camera (pictures)
x1 Inward Camera (webcam)
x1 Keypad
x1 Second Analog
x1 Higher Memory, prob just buy 16gb duo

Shooting for:
x2 high quality speakers
x1 High resolution Camera
x1 powerful webcam
x1 slide up screen
x1 keypad below
x1 mass storage (I know how impossible it is)
x1 Lastly, a new casing made by me with mold and other supplies, as well as whatever help I can get.

Obviously ones a little more far fetched.
Basically, I've got the keypad covered, its making it internal thats the problem, the slide screens easy to do if I can make or adjust the casing correctly... I'd place the pad underneath just like the concept art we've all seen before (see bottom). I'm tossing the UMD reader, no point in having it with games copied to my memory stick. Thats where I plan to put the high res camera if hooking it up is possible, if not I'll simply hook up the go camera around there and install a bass speaker. If high res camera is possible, I'll install the go cam facing towards the user as a second camera. High Quality speakers I'll fit wear I can. I'm planning on using a case more towards the fat in size but with slim parts to get extra space.

Anyways, thats my bit, remember this is just about what you want, not arguing about what can be done, if its probable or theoretically possible post it. And please no arguing, this is just to see what other people think, and to toss idea's around. So without further ado,
shoot.

The reason Obi-won wins.

Offline LilWayne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Looking to be the best... what do you want in a psp?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
good luck unless you have a lab filled with scientist and having incredible soldering skillz

Offline asif

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:14:36 AM »
do u think it would be possible to get a FM transmitter to work with the psp??

the iWish psp looks amazing  :dribble:

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
actually i think an fm transmitter in a psp may not be too difficult as i've seen some really tiny ones....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
Getting FM on a PSP shouldnt be too hard actually, but you hit the nail on the head saying the mods are a little extreme. Im not shooting you down, I know we'd all love to see this type of work done to a PSP. So go for it, show pictures along the way and the best of luck to you.

-TwisT

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
It looks nice, I have seen those designs ages ago but they are still cool. Also like TTT said not to shoot you down but I doubt you ill be able to to the huge camera or the iWish keyboard and sliding screen. You will probably need to buy an OLED screen or something. 

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
O_o... Good luck man. To be honset, unless you have EXTERME knowledge in electronics, etc. you probably won't be able to pull most of this off. Most of our BEST mods have been done by adults who have background in electrical engineering, etc. But still, best of luck to you, and I hope you can prove me wrong...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal