Author Topic: psp slim  (Read 1063 times)

Offline roshurwill14

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp slim
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:12:16 AM »
im thinking of modding my psp but its my first time so shall i use the one ive got or buy a spare one to mod and still got one if i much up or is it east for led trigger mod not sr leds though...  :help:
Psp slim - Motherboard TA-085
CFW - 5.00M33-6
Themes: Xbox 360 + Psp Large Icons Midnight Black
PhotoFast CR5400 + 2x8gb microsdhc

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
Re: psp slim
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:52:35 AM »
Well, first make sure you have all of the basic skills needed to do this. Otherwise, you may have a  :censored: up PSP on your hands.
 You'll need all of the correct equipment for best results, such as a soldering iron and the tools related to soldering.

Make sure you read up everything you can in the tutorials section, and ensure that you have a good understanding of resistance, soldering and electronics in general.

Also, it depends if you want to waste money and buy a spare. Ideally, start on a console like the GameBoy Advance and do some LED mods on that just to get the idea of what you need to be doing. If you're talking about a brand new spare, it's just a waste of money. On sites like eBay, I tend to buy broken PSPs cheap and then fix them.

About the SR LEDs, it's pretty much the same as a normal trigger mod, but you just wire the LED to the speakers(/transistor/LM386).

Spend some time making sure you know all you need to know about the topic, and you're much less likely to go wrong.
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline roshurwill14

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:14:04 AM »
i was thinking of getting a preowned spare psp or a faulty like duff umd drive etc shall i do that im queit good at soldering just need to buy the items like solder iron, solder, kynar wire etc
Psp slim - Motherboard TA-085
CFW - 5.00M33-6
Themes: Xbox 360 + Psp Large Icons Midnight Black
PhotoFast CR5400 + 2x8gb microsdhc

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:56 AM »
Well, it's your money. There is a quite long list of parts that are pretty much essential to get. If you don't have a helping hands stand and solder flux, it will be pretty frustrating. Still, if you bought a broken PSP like I did, fix it up and LED mod it, you could be in a fair amount of profit. I hear around this forum that people's friends from school pay a lot for this kind of stuff.

Anyway, here's what I think is essential:
15W soldering iron, solder, flux, 30AWG Kynar wire (preferably coloured), 0603 SMD LEDs, Hot Glue Gun, Wire strippers+cutters, needle nose pliers and a helping hands stand certainly comes in useful. Those are pretty much the basics for modding. Make sure, when you're buying LEDs, that you buy plenty of them; they are tiny and it takes a lot of patience and effort to solder them.
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 01:44:46 PM »
Yeah I'm telling you right now, this is not a cheap hobby. When I first started I thought "pfft, 50 bucks for a broken psp, 50 bucks for some soldering equipment, and I'm good to go!"... Yeah no I ended up spending a good 200 bucks or so on needed equipment. Not just equipment, but when you include prices of wire, leds, amps, and all those little things you need, they add up. I got a spare psp cause there was no way i was gonna rip open my baby, and also cause I didn't wanna kill it XD... But if you're tight on money, I'd say start on simple things as pspupgrade said, and then move your way up to the psp. SR leds aren't very hard if you do direct connect, but if you've never soldered before, then yeah...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal