Author Topic: can someone please tell me how to make my own rapid fire chips  (Read 16551 times)

Offline deadly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
can someone please tell me how to make my own rapid fire chips
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »
i really want to know what i need and what to do to make my own rapid fire micro chips can some one please help me. :dntknw:

Offline Evilslayer73

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: can someone please tell me how to make my own rapid fire chips
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
pv me and im gonna help you ;) :drunk: :victory:

Offline 600rr

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »
A friend and I very intrested in doing this also. :beg: We are looking at the PICKIT2 Starter and a few 12F683's and maby a 16F84A. I did notice however there are about 6 diffrent types of 12F683's. I need the IP version correct? I am not alone on this project ither my friend is doing the code but I am doing all the wiring and testing. ( the 555 rapidfire just isnt cutting it any more ) We are not looking to make any money on this, its just for fun. Yes we know it would be cheaper to just buy one from the acid mod store and install it, but were is the challenge in that? That being said I would like to know if we are looking at the correct stuff to make this happen. We only have about $100 bucks to make this happen.  :help:

(Sorry if Im in the wrong thread guys)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
today is 1/22/09 at 12:09pm...I need to pull alot of info so there will be at least two updates

this is everything you need:
start with one of these codes: thanks to hazer
http://www.microchip.com/forums/attachment.aspx?m=364122 with button on/off
http://www.microchip.com/forums/attachment.aspx?m=361399 for sleeper
pics for sleeper are here http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=353574&mpage=14
this code was for cod4 the asm needs to be modified for cod 5, modify one of the fire rates to read 0x3f for cod 5 then you need to recompile the code, use this free program:http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en019469&part=SW007002
then build this programmerhttps://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22283.0 and use this free program to write the info to the 12f683 i/p chip: http://www.winpic800.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=19&Itemid=88&lang=en order the 4 free samples of the 12f683 i/p chip from microchip direct

total cost around $30.00, including programer with enough parts to mod 4 controllers.

thats it everything you need is listed post complete

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:19:23 AM by modded matt »

Offline 600rr

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
The support and the tut. for the PICKIT2 is well worth the money. But the other info.... Thats good to know.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:22:19 AM »
The support and the tut. for the PICKIT2 is well worth the money. But the other info.... Thats good to know.

sure, if you like spending the extra money, thats cool. I thought you said you were on a tight budget. everthing you need to make a 4 mode rapid fire mod with led indicator is listed in my last post, and will cost $30 total. I would spend the $30 and use the $70 to buy a new game, but hey thats just me do what you like. let me know if you need any help with win pic or th mplab, once you are walked though the process, theres nothing to it.

Offline jasonoos

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
can u show the part of the code u have to change

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »
sure, its the part that reads: (about half way down)

;**********Speed settings: change these to change speed (0x05-0xFF)
FIRERATE1      equ      0x2F
FIRERATE2      equ      0x16
FIRERATE3      equ      0x12
FIRERATE4      equ      0x0F

;**********************************************************************

change rate 1 where it reads 0x2f......change this to 0x3C or ox3f

Offline one9gt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:17:08 PM »
sorry, im a total newb to all this and i've read numerous threads and tried to understand it but im lost.  After all the steps for building the programmer, programming the pic and yada yada yada...

is it installed like the others with the two small buttons on the back?? and what exactly do those buttons on the back do??

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

Offline chimp007

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »
just a question, is this wired just like the diagram for cod4, or is it different. I edited the hex, wired it up like i did for cod4, but its acting weird. The button doesnt work, but when i press the trigger, its on rapid fire. It should happen when i hit the button, not the trigger. Im only using one button and trigger. Any help would be great, thanks!

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
just a question, is this wired just like the diagram for cod4, or is it different. I edited the hex, wired it up like i did for cod4, but its acting weird. The button doesnt work, but when i press the trigger, its on rapid fire. It should happen when i hit the button, not the trigger. Im only using one button and trigger. Any help would be great, thanks!

the wire you have connected to the trigger should be connected to one of the post on your button, and the other post should be a ground. dont quote me on this but i belive that 8 is the ground and 6 is the trigger.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:00:35 PM by Tross2008 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 04:41:38 AM »
OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL, not all programs are created equal!!! when the program is wrote, the programer, hazer in this case, can program different pins to do different stuff, so you cannot use acidmods (king mikes) wiring diagram with this (hazers) program.

now that that is cleared up, when I explained this a few threads up, I posted the link to a file called "gameplayrf" inside this file is a old hex code for cod4, halo, and such, but not cod5. the asm is also there use this to modify the code and create a new hex that will work for cod5, I already showed you that. THEN YOU WILL FIND THE MOST IMPORTATNT PART, the wiring diagrams one for matrix and one for cg. this mod must be wired according to the pictures in that file.

now, how this mod works:
RAPID FIRE IS ON THE TRIGGER
tap the button once, toggles on/off--rapid fire on the corrisponding trigger, led will be on or off
hold the button for 5 seconds--change fire rates--led will flash to indicate what mode you are in

Offline chimp007

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »
ok, thanks for that info. i only came across one problem, on mplab, is there a tutorial to compile the code, i was looking online but couldnt find anything. I was trying to mess around with it, but when i compiled the asm, i get a build error. Thanks again

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
the only thing you need to change is the fire rate, dont get creative, walk before you run LOL

before you start, drag and drop the asm file onto your desktop

ok here we go
1) open mplab
2) click the project tab
3) click project wizard
4)click next
5)set desired chip, in this case it is the 12f683
6)hit next
7) hit next agian
8) create file path (this is where most errors come from, the file path must be only so many caracters
click browse, hit the drop down menu, click desktop, and name it a short name like RF it dont matter as long as the path is not too long, click next
9) import asm file, here agian the file path cannot be too long, drop the asm on the desk top before you start. click next
10) click finish
11) now you are back to the mplab main screen and it looks like nothing has changed, but it has, click view
12) click project (under the view tab)
13)now you should have a small box that is the name of your file path. you will see a few tabs and one that reads "source file" and underneath it will be the asm file you droped on the desk top. double click it. to open
14) scroll down to the part of the fire rates I showed you a few posts back, you will notice some stuff is colorfull and some is not, the green stuff is instructions, the colored items are code. only change the fire rate!!! when you start to change the fire rate just click the end of it and backspace the last two digits and imput your own...0x3c. you will notice when you delete the digit, that part of the code will turn black this means that part of the code is no good, well duh you just erased it, once you input your entry it will return to its normal color
15)now look back at the main mplab page again and click project
16) scroll down to where it sayes "build all" click it
17) a box will pop up with a status bar mine goes very fast and reads build succeeded
18) click to close mplab, it asks for save I say yes.
19) look at desktop, or wherever you svaed it, find the file that ends in .hex,this will most likely be a file windows cant open, send everything else to the recicle bin you dont need anything else
20) open win pin click the open folder, inport new hex, program chip

I just did this as I was typing so if you follow directions you should not have any problems
***there are no errors in this code***
***the biggest problem is the file path legnth as I alread stated, if the file path is too long it will say build failed, and if you read the other crap it tells you it will say C:documents and settings.......file path exceeded so many caracters.***

happy modding
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:13:17 PM by modded matt »

Offline chimp007

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »
huge help, thanks alot!!!!

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:09 AM »
Thanks for all this info, Im really excited to get started. I decided to buy my own programmer though.

Would this work?

Or this?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:35:04 AM by themechanix777 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
Thanks for all this info, Im really excited to get started. I decided to buy my own programmer though.

Would this work?

Or this?

that will work fine.

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
Which one? lol. Either? Which one do you think would work best?
Or maybe this one?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:56:28 PM by themechanix777 »

Offline xboxbandit

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:25 AM »
A friend and I very intrested in doing this also. :beg: We are looking at the PICKIT2 Starter and a few 12F683's and maby a 16F84A. I did notice however there are about 6 diffrent types of 12F683's. I need the IP version correct? I am not alone on this project ither my friend is doing the code but I am doing all the wiring and testing. ( the 555 rapidfire just isnt cutting it any more ) We are not looking to make any money on this, its just for fun. Yes we know it would be cheaper to just buy one from the acid mod store and install it, but were is the challenge in that? That being said I would like to know if we are looking at the correct stuff to make this happen. We only have about $100 bucks to make this happen.  :help:

(Sorry if Im in the wrong thread guys)
My 555 timer is alot faster then my sleeper i did, what resistor did you use?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 06:22:53 AM »
Which one? lol. Either? Which one do you think would work best?
Or maybe this one?

any of those JDM programers will work. they will all be very similar in how they work I have never used that exact one, but the programmer dosnt do much at all, it acts as a middle man between the chip and winpic800, or whatever software you use.

My 555 timer is alot faster then my sleeper i did, what resistor did you use?

as for this, I made the "adjustable 555 rapid fire radio shack parts" tut, as I have this tut. and I am unsure of which resistor you are refuring to, I deal with so many. and as for the 555 being faster...NO.. this pic mod is superior to the 555 in many ways, believe me I have lost this argument on behalf of the 555, which is what got me into pic mods. the pic mod can be programed to be much faster then the 555*(not that it needs to be, anything over like 32, is too fast and actually slows the fire rate down due to spuddering in cod4), and this can happen exactly the same everytime. with the 555 you have to readjust the pot for two diferent games, and it is very tough if not imposible to get it exact every time.

I agree the 555 is adequite to do the job, but when you compare the 555 to a good programed 12f683, its like driving a pento vs a cadilac (some of you young lads may not know what a pento is LOL... but it was a piece of junk, simmilar to a yugo, or a grimlin..LOL now I am really showing my age)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:28:56 AM by modded matt »

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
Ok, where do I get the code? The hazer link above doesnt work...

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
got 50 bucks????LOL try agian

I must have linked something incorectly, my bad....or....

admin or Hazer, please speak up if this thread is Inappropriate.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:15:31 PM by modded matt »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
I agree the 555 is adequite to do the job, but when you compare the 555 to a good programed 12f683, its like driving a pento vs a cadilac (some of you young lads may not know what a pento is LOL... but it was a piece of junk, simmilar to a yugo, or a grimlin..LOL now I am really showing my age)

My second car was the Mercury Bobcat (same as the Pinto).

:drunk:
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:27:35 AM »
 :laughing: :rofl: u guyz are old  :huh: damn guess that makes me old too.....

Pinto's were the cars that had a nasty habbit of blowing up when they got rear ended.. ford=fail

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Im still awaiting my programmer in the mail, but in the meantime, I'm curious about the code. I saw on another tutorial somewhere someone was saying to use a different code. I'm just wondering what the best code to use would be right now. I'm assuming it's hazers. I'd try writing the code myself, but as I'm only in my first year of Programming in high school, I dont see that happening lol.

Also, are there other options to code, like I've seen that evil controllers thing where they fire full speed undetected, does anyone have a similar code to that available for free? And as Im typing this, I think I remember seeing a thread with a pdf document about someones studies in all of this, and it contained a whole bunch of different code options he made, do you know anything about that? (Ill try to find the link again)

EDIT: lmao, that pdf was by Hazer. Haha. Here.
So I could use one of the codes he put in the pdf right? Because its still something Hazer did, so its good.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:42:13 PM by themechanix777 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 04:35:10 AM »
I cant open that file for some reason. this s a 4 mode with a tact switch to turn on/off quickly with just a tap. and a hold to change modes.

there is another code by hazer that is a sleeper and works off the sinc button. twith this you must cyle through all modes to get back to off, I dont really like it myself (personal preferance) but I can link it if you like. let me know

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
Oh thats cool thanks for the info. By the way, the link isn't directly to the pdf, if thats why you cant get it open. The link is to his post.

Offline jonagpa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
today is 1/22/09 at 12:09pm...I need to pull alot of info so there will be at least two updates

this is everything you need:
start with one of these codes: thanks to hazer
http://www.microchip.com/forums/attachment.aspx?m=364122 with button on/off
http://www.microchip.com/forums/attachment.aspx?m=361399 for sleeper
pics for sleeper are here http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=353574&mpage=14
this code was for cod4 the asm needs to be modified for cod 5, modify one of the fire rates to read 0x3f for cod 5 then you need to recompile the code, use this free program:http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en019469&part=SW007002
then build this programmerhttps://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22283.0 and use this free program to write the info to the 12f683 i/p chip: http://www.winpic800.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=19&Itemid=88&lang=en order the 4 free samples of the 12f683 i/p chip from microchip direct

total cost around $30.00, including programer with enough parts to mod 4 controllers.

thats it everything you need is listed post complete

thank you for your post, I was wondering if you would be so kind to tell me exactly what kind of resistors and diodes I need for the rapid fire 4 mode MOD. I found the buttons, and the chip no problem. but there are so many different resistors out there that i am confuse as to what I need. A link to where I can find them would be great ( dont have to if you dont want to)
A part list would be good
thanks!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:57:45 PM by jonagpa »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 04:09:47 AM »
the needed resistors and or diodes are listed on the install diagrams.

the info in this thread has been recompiled into a larger tut, to completly walk through the process of building your own rapid fire mod. please see the new tut here:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29757.0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:22:31 AM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal