Author Topic: PSP dual nub HELP (need info)  (Read 2353 times)

Offline centerside

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I lost my orginial acount..
PSP dual nub HELP (need info)
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:06:37 AM »
Alright, after looking around again in the forums, I got some new useful info:
  • one, It's possbile to relocate the original charger jack
  • two, this solution will work and i can put in the second nub without making the USB charge mod

Tell me if I'm wrong guys thanks :)

So, I need help with these stuff, All I want to do is to make a second nub and relocate the charge jack. With the relocation of the jack, I plan to replace it near the Sony logo on the top right, and make it go out on the side. This will allow me to do the nub mod right away.

What do you people think ?:)

Now, about the second nub, what exactly is  the gound wire for?

Thanks to all in advance hehe
Just a Fan haha

Offline Markolise

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP dual nub HELP (need info)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
Yes its possible to relocate the power jack, there was even a mod done by a guy that basically put a female mini usb connector in place of the power jack, which takes up half the space and would allow you to charge off of any usb port at the full 5 volts.

The charge mod from my understanding limits the voltage on the phat to 2.5volts which increases charging time.
-------
  With the relocation of the power plug up near the sony logo, if you use the original female power connector you might run into limitations with space, unless you have the battery cavaty available, such as the battery extension mods I've seen.
  Other wise you might think about getting the psp slims (or similar) female power connector as it doesn't have the weird 2 prong thing like the phat does...I believe those were originally meant for a weird sound dock but was never utilized.

With the second nub, the ground wire is providing the current that will be supplied to the buttons. Most people have a misconception that on a battery the power flows from the positive to the negative, were in reality it is the opossite. (If I remember right)
So thinking that way you will need the ground inorder to send the right information to the buttons to allow "movement".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal