Author Topic: burst rapid fire  (Read 1769 times)

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
burst rapid fire
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
i have seen modded matt rapid fire method i tried it and it worked perfectly. well i was wondering is there something that limits the amout of shots or pulses that is given or when the new shop opens will they have a new burst mod chip

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: burst rapid fire
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:28:07 AM »
I have seen alot of talk of burst mode, but never seen it done, its a new program. what are you wanting?cod5? I am writing up a tut for Hazers 4 mode rapid fire, opensource to the public, it will be cod5 compatable. I am close, but waiting. I hope to have it up soon, look at acidmods free code section of the main board

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:58:16 AM »
I have made a burst program with less the stellar success.  What made it difficult was trying to make it work for both controller styles.  Suprisingly enough it worked the best with a matrix :fear:

I dont know how you would go about it with hazer's code as you need to sense that the trigger has been pulled and then provide a pulse train of a determined length.  I am sure he could do it, but it may take a different program structure to achieve it.

My code is better set up for it in that it is an Interupt on Change style program that sits in an endless loop until the pic senses a change on its input, then it reacts through a Interup Service Routine and does what it needs to do. 

I will take another look at and hopefully have more success this time around :tup: If it does work we will most definately add it to the shop. I am a bit suprised none of the other rapidfire companies dont have something like this already as burst is very useful in #1 not getting capped by cod5 and #2 makes single shot guns work like the deadly M16 where 1 pull = death  :laughing:

Nico has played around with my first attempt at burst, If I remember correctly it did bring the pwnage.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:02:56 AM by 802Chives »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:21:17 AM »
hazers code is not structured for burst rate, burst rate would be nice, I have seen alot of requests for it. and have seen no product on the market for this. if you can make it work, you may be on to something

hazers code along with the walk through has been posted to acidmods free code section
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29757.0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:13:48 AM by modded matt »

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »
I did it. Here's my video. 3 modes. Mode 1=fast, Mode 2 = slow, Mode 3 = 3 shot burst. Two separate subroutines, one for COD4 and the other for COD5, check the vid below

VIDEO: Xbox 360 3 Mode Rapid Fire with 3 Shot Burst Mode!!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »
looks good, one of the problems I had with mine is that if I held the trigger down it would keep looping around and keep firing burst as long as trigger is held down.  If you used it like a normal person and pulled the trigger like you did in the video, it worked just like that. 

What did you use for code?  Can you hold trigger down for a long time and only have it do one burst?  Does it work for CG and Matrix? details details details

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
Thats wicked, I agree with chives DETAILS, and the code plz :D
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
Hey guys. The code is my own. It is not an adaptation of any freely available code out there. I built it from scratch. The burst only works when the trigger is pulled again. It will not loop. You can pull the trigger to fire the 3 shots and hold onto the thing forever and it won't fire again until the trigger is released and pulled again.

Also, it works for both CG and matrix controllers. The one shown is matrix, but I've sold others on Ebay that were CG.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 10:33:20 AM by Ack Like You Know »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal