Author Topic: Next project?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline jak33

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Next project?
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »
I just finished a successful Sound Reactive LED mod in my slims triggers. I really like the way it came out, but I'd like to do some more. I'd like to do something cool with the UMD door, but I don't know if I want to disassemble something down that far, because then my SR mod might get messed up, and I'm afraid my solder joints weren't that great, as it was my first soldering project, and might break. So, are there any less intrusive mods I could do?

Thanks,
       ~Jakintosh

P.S. I was wondering about my triggers... If I took a bit of sandpaper to them, do you think I could achieve a "Frosted Plastic" look? I would assume that this would catch the light much better, and give it a bit more style. I was thinking I could like maybe "frost" it, and then spray some kind of clear spray paint type thing over them to make them smooth the the touch, yet be much more colorful... thanks again

P.P.S. In case you didn't catch it, I'm on a PSP-2001 Slim

EDIT: Well, I decided my self and today I cracked it open and gave it a Ring of Light, minus the light. How would you guys recommend I add the light? I already have all the supplies, just don't know where I should get the power from. Also, I used a CD case for the plastic, but now my games don't fit. I don't really use them, but it was nice to have the option. When I take it apart again to do the LEDs, what should I replace the CD case with instead?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:01:39 PM by jak33 »

Offline ryan

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • someday ill mod porsches, for now, PSP's
Re: Next project?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
You should replace the cd case with a real ring of light jewel.  they are cheap and look great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal