Author Topic: psp phat has some problems...  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
psp phat has some problems...
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:25 AM »
my cousins psp needs repairs... it needs a new mobo (at least new connetors for the lcd... other than that it doesnt seem to have any other problems...) a new power switch and a new battery...  those are the problems i KNOW of... it possibly needs a new LCD as i have no way to test that... and for cosmetic reasons it needs a new analog stick.  how much will all this cost?  and is changing out connectors hard? (keep in mind that my soldering skills are almost non-existent.) can anyone fix it for me?

basically what i need is an estimate on how much the parts would cost (with or without mobo) and how much it would cost someone to do it for me.  if you want the job post it here and we can work something out.

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: psp phat has some problems...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 05:02:24 AM »
motherboards depending on where you get it from and which one you need for it can run anywhere from $40-$80 ,pwerboards are only like $10 tops, a new LCD $20-$25, battery depending on where you get it from $10-$30 analog stick $3

your best bet would be to try to look on craigslist or ebay for some broken psps and use them as parts for it, i just got a nice working TA-079 motherboard for someone's psp off ebay for $49.99 with free shipping so check that out oh and if you can try to find a original green powerboard cause the blue phat powerboards suck just about every blue one i have seen or gotten has a defect in it like missing  LEDs or a couple home row buttons don't work(just suggesting a new powerboard cause you said your soldering skills weren't that good and its a tiny switch to solder) good luck with it :tup:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:04:35 AM by krazyone2006 »

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:16:22 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »
just solder then backlight connector to the psp, its easy  :drunk:
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »
anyone wanna donate 30 bucks lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal