Author Topic: I Need Assistance... :help:  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Kris

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I Need Assistance... :help:
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
 Hello all before you ask yes I'm a new user and am attempting my very first mod but I need assistance from some of the seasoned Moders, I need a schematic of how the CR-5400 Is wired from the micro ports to the pins that would plug into the card reader as seen in the following schematic:

Part of being new is I dunno how to manipulate photo to circle the part of this schematic I need help with...

If anyone knows how they be wired it would be much appreciated, am looking to hard mod my PSP For the first time. I Will post progress pix as I have them.

Thank you -Kris

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: I Need Assistance... :help:
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »
Have u considered a CR-3100 instead? 

Offline Kris

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:25 PM »
Am actually trying to keep it as stock as possible, using the CR-3100 would require the UMD drive to be removed.

-Kris

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »
so would a 5400
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
How about getting the CR-5400 and getting 2 16GB microSDHC cards and be done with it? 

Offline Kris

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:54:11 PM »
I was initially going to do so but I got to thinking...What is a PSP truly capable of??? Sure we can all hack out the UMD drive... but it's been done already. I want something that will WOW!!! people... "What a good idea" "how creative"... ECT.

I have a vision and a dream of what I want this to look like and it is very specific.

-Kris

EDIT:
so would a 5400

Not necessarily there is plenty of room for to hide a 5400... that is if it's done right, and besides who said anything about using a 5400 anyway?I just asked for a simple schematic of how it is wired on the inside... even if it's not wired I want to know how translates the 9pin in to a 10 pin out...

-Kris
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:59:18 PM by Tri-edge »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »
It looks correct to me.  Nice diagram btw, are you using autocad to make these?

Offline Kris

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 11:07:13 PM »
It looks correct to me.  Nice diagram btw, are you using autocad to make these?

Sadly it's not mine... I stole it from somewhere else in these forums, and yes it is autocad... if I knew how to do the diagram I wouldn't be asking for help.

The part I need is not shown.

-Kris

Offline Senti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Circuit Explorer
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
I opened a PhotoFast CR-5400 to see how it was made. Unfortunately, if you had dreams of some sort of simple pin-to-pin adapter, you're going to be disapointed. The adapter has a 64-pin surface-mount IC (labled "PhotoFast 54v1"). Since the chip is obviously properiatary, you're not going to find specs on it anywhere.

Out of the 64 pins on the 54v1 chip you can automatically account for 26 of them (8 pins per microSD card (x2 cards) plus the 10 pins for the MS Pro Duo connection). That leaves a lot of pins on the 54v1 unaccounted for. The entire device is painted with a flat black coating that seems to be baked on (paint remover couldn't dissolve it) that makes it nearly impossible to trace the circuits, but I'm working it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal