Author Topic: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?
« on: April 21, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »
i had someone give me a xbox 360 wireless controller with the plug and play usb cord i'm running windows vista and it reconizes it and installs the drivers for it but when it got to try and use it all it does is flash the 4 green light in the center of the controller burnout paradise won't reconize it neither will need for speed undercover kinda makin me mad after reading there suppost to be plug and play LOL so if you can help please respond have tryed xpadder and about everything else and no reponse it shows it in the device manager but not under gamepads?????

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
the only think i can think it that the 360 controller was never meant to work with a computer. ive never herd of it being don or seen it before.

ive seen the controllers that look like 360 controllers sold in the computer department, but i always asumed that it was made for the computer and not the 360.

i may be wrong.

have you tried googleing it?

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »
sorry i can't be of much help but i think you really should look in the device manager for any crossed out items. Sometimes drivers don't get installed properly
@ tec- microsoft has this dongle kind of thing with which you can connect the 360 gamepad to a windows pc 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:00:01 PM »
yeah it connects to the pc but i got the plug and play charger for it and it shows up in the device manager but not under gamepads in the control panal tried xpadder, pennicle, or even the drivers from microsoft don't show it when you pull them up and when i turn on the controller all 4 lights just flash green kinda weird like its trying to sync but never does only way to stop it is to unplug it and pull the battery out . i got a ps3 controller that works awsome just like the xbox controllers better 

http://www.instructables.com/id/Configuring-the-XBox-360-controller-to-work-with-W/

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on PC

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_hook_an_Xbox_360_controller_up_to_a_computer

thats just some of the stuff i have read and tried to get to work but dosen't for me it is possible i have seen it done in person on other pcs
heres what it looks like hooked to pc and what it shows in the device manager and that

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:00:49 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
im still unsure about this.

the 360 looking controllers ive seen sold in the computer section at my local electronics store only have a USB cable they do not have anything on them that say 360.

my 360 controller has the usb cable that i can attach to change the battery. im skeptical that the charging cable can be used to run the controller through the computer

but like i said im still unsure about what your talking about and ive never seen this done before

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »
You are using the wrong cable. That cable is only for charging the controller so all you're doing right now is charging it through your PC. You need a wireless controller adapter for PC. It retails for $20 and the controller connects to it without any cables.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal