Author Topic: Touch sensitive buttons?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline ahdge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Touch sensitive buttons?
« on: September 21, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Sounds strange, right?

I've cracked my baby open a dozen times now trying to figure out why my square button is sensitive to the slightest touch. I literally do not budge the button at all. Simply hovering a finger over the button can set it off.

It's a real pain playing MHFU trying to enter/exit areas of town. I couldn't figure out why I was entering and exiting my house over and over for the longest time. Seems my finger was just over the square button and it caused it to trigger.

I've checked my rubber/buttons. I've checked my sticky plastic receiver (unsure of technical name). I see no issues with my ZIF or ribbon.

I should add that this has been happening after my first mod which was an attempt to replace my OEM WiFi antenna with an external detachable antenna. I removed my mod, made sure original wires were back in place and rebuilt the console, but to no avail.

The problem is ONLY occuring with my SQUARE button. Triangle, circle, X, and right trigger work just fine. The only thing I can think of might be that something isnt sitting right because of a peice that I accidentally broke directly below the right speaker that seems to clip it in place. If you know what I'm talking about you can probably agree that that part is a little prone to accidents as it has nothing to support it besides the speaker its holding (barely) in place. I'll attempt to find a picture of this, I have no camera at the moment. Any insight is much appreciated.

In addition, thanks to everyone that is part of this community and all the hard work they've put into what they do best. Keep it up folks.

Post Merge: September 21, 2009, 02:08:25 PM
I've found out that the area of sensitivity for the square button is significantly larger than the other 3 buttons. Anyone know what could cause that? I might have scratched something off the bottom, where the sticky stuff is, when originally disassembling my psp.

So anyway, I answered my own question and it turned into a new one. The WHOLE button touches the WHOLE area where square is inputed. The button needs to be away from this or needs to be smaller than the receiving area. Still need ideas though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:08:25 PM by ahdge »

Offline dj.dennis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Touch sensitive buttons?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
i used to do a L R  sensitive buttons with i mod the light in it. lol i would say it's an accident because when i done a mod i wasn't able to press it anymore, but then i put a small pieces on paper in it and   yeah....  it became an sensitive button  lol....

Offline cinki

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • malaysiapspmodder
Re: Touch sensitive buttons?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »
the psp  ribbon button is can be separated..u need to clean inside it..might be the carbon has became dusty..PLEASE BE CAREFULL WHEN SEPARATING THE RIBBON..or u will tear it..just clean it gently then test

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal