Author Topic: Joined a Gym ! Any Advice ?  (Read 667 times)

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Joined a Gym ! Any Advice ?
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:39:38 AM »
hey guys , i've joined a gym finally ! Gotta lose those extra pounds :) any advice ? Diet i should follow ? Specific exercises to do ?
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: Joined a Gym ! Any Advice ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
the biggest thing is don't expect to lose weight right away. expect to lose it over weeks
and for a diet just eat healthy with lots of vegetables and don't over indulge. also don't be like "oh well i been doing pretty good on dieting maybe i deserve a treat" and eat a cookie or something. thats a big no no. oh and if you're getting a salad at mcdonal  they sometime contain more fat than a big mac fyi

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:35:03 PM »
you shouldnt expect to lose weight at all. i recomend not even stepping on a scale. if you lose take 5 pounds of fat and turn it into muscle then youll weight actually heavier, but look better so weights not important. take a picture of what you look like now w/o your shirt then take another one in the same place every week or 2. look on bodybuilding.com it is amazing you can find anything about dieting,working out, and supplements that you would ever want. also make a workout plan for the week ahead of time so you know what you are going to do at the gym that day before you ever step foot in it. it will help alot.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »
Thanks 4 the advice guys.
@ rain- i've cut off on all such food completely :) n we don't get salads at McD over here lol !
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal