Author Topic: New idea a camera flash for GO! cam. Need help/thoughts  (Read 1152 times)

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
New idea a camera flash for GO! cam. Need help/thoughts
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:08:04 AM »
i planned to buy a disposable camera and take the flash circuit out and put in the psp. I am thinking that i can hook up the switch that releases the power to the flash tube to the right trigger. However ive already got the pressure reactive trigger circuit doing its thing so im not sure if i can have both. Anyway ive read the camera flash circuits run on like 3-5v and boost to 250-300v for the bright flash. Just wondering if its possible to do it that way or do i have to leave it as a seperate circuit with an independant switch? Id rather have a flash than have to blacklights and removing the ir filter.

Any thought or comments are appreciated

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Re: New idea a camera flash for GO! cam. Need help/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:16:54 AM »
Sorry this idea isn't actually new, it's been thought of before lots of people said they were going to do it but I've never seen any results.

I honestly have no idea if you can just pull out a camera's flash and just stick it in a PSP. But I do know it's probably a good idea to have a independent mom switch for this type of project.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:19 AM »
Sounds worthwhile to try. You could put a seperate momentary switch below the right trigger so that when you push the trigger it pushes the button. That's how the push reactive lights were originally done.

Also, when you're messing with the flash circuit,be careful. It works by charging a very large capacitor, and then discharging it all at once to create the flash. If you accidentally discharge that on your finger or somthing, it's gonna hurt, bad. It may also damage the psp circuitry if the cap is discharged into it by mistake.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:58:11 AM »
yeah that was one of my concerns. i cant seem to find a small enough momentary switch to fit up in the trigger. Is there a way to like just add a cap -> that goes 250v strobe -> resistor to make sure its voltage is fully discharged. Because a flash circuit requires a transformer to change the dc to ac and boosting to 250v.

I first thought that i could just let the cap slowly fill with charge then have a switch to release it. but i duno if itll work like that.

Perhaps blacklights are the way to go..........(if i do, does removing the ir filter change the image quality in normal light as it lets in ir as well?cuz that what the filters for??) 

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 06:05:08 AM »
Well one guy here awhile back actually used a super bright white LED to a momentary switch not in the trigger, just on the back. I never herd anything about that project again. But that ones worth a try too if this doesn't work out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal