Author Topic: Couple of Hardware problem questions  (Read 1015 times)

Offline pinoyboi24

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Couple of Hardware problem questions
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
Ok, this one will be short and sweet. What are some easy to use and relatively good quality video converters that you guys/gals recommend?

Another question is kind of long. So I'm trying to repair my cousins "de branded" HP computer(Link at the bottom of the post). So here's the story. He was playing some game that I guess stressed his video processor(It's on board). So it gave this warning and it said to restart his computer. so when we restarted it, It wouldn't complete the boot process. It would loop. it would get past the BIOs and to the part where it says Windows w/ a black background and has the moving blue bar under it. So I thought just to re install the OS. So I did. It worked for like 5 mins. then it started to loop again. So when I go to install the OS again, I'll get to the part where to choose a partition and it will say there if no disk available/inserted. But the weird thing is the BIOs still reads it. I already tried to reset the CMOS/BIOS. I even too the HDD and used it in my own computer. It booted up perfectly. So my guess is something with the motherboard. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Heres the link:
http://www.levitoncompany.com/hpdeco2duo111.html

And the mobo is a P5LP-LE ASUS mobo
Link:
http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB4HPLEUCITE&eq=&Tp=
I read some reviews of the mobo and it said it had some bad BIOs and stuff.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Couple of Hardware problem questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »
Well, I'll tell you one thing. Don't ever buy from there again. That site, just by reading that page, looks to be a huge scam/piece of crap.

I'm guessing he fried something, but it wouldn't be GPU because it still boots to the Windows screen. Uhm. The BIOS(capital S...) should be fine, as it still boots up. BIOS stands for Basic-Input-Output-System. If the BIOS was shot, the computer would fail to post.

You could try replacing the motherboard to be sure, but I don't think it's worth it since the computer is bad anyway.
Maybe someone else will have a better answer, cuz that really confused me lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal