Author Topic: help me on a 18 led mod  (Read 961 times)

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
help me on a 18 led mod
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Ive been looking around and i found a lot about the lm386 for the sound reactive mod. so my first question is im doing 9 per speaker blue 0603 leds, is it ok to do the direct contact with that many? and should i use resisters and what resistance for 9 in parallel? does the lm386 boost the power given to the leds? and does either way drain the battery faster? i know this sounds noob but i just want to know for sure. i presonally have 6 to one speaker and it works fine with no resister or lm386. so any help will do.  :help:
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
Re: help me on a 18 led mod
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »
Yeah you could do direct contact with that many leds because they are very small an use almost no power......but it might decrease battery life slightly.........the only other problem that you may come into is that the leds may not be quite as bright as they could be but it shouldn't be enough to notice.
"Only the Best"

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:47:12 PM »
Oh yeah and one more thing it would actually be better to start dividing the leds between the two speakers instead on for instance wiring all six to the one you should have put 3 on each...
"Only the Best"

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:08:34 AM »
thanks i just wanted to know what others thought. they will be divided between the two. so thats 9 per speaker. i just dont know what resisters i would need for them if any at all.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »
you really wont need the resistor i mean yeah you can use it if you want but you dont need it so there really is no point unless you just want to go for that high tech look
"Only the Best"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal