Author Topic: Buttons Question  (Read 1011 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Buttons Question
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
I've only heard good reviews about coolmods.co.uk. So I bought white PSP 1000 buttons. Took forever to ship, and after an incredible mass of stupidity I managed to break my LCD screen while installing them. So, today, I took my PSP apart and installed a new LCD from eBay. Works fine aside from a dead pixel (Proud of myself for my first real modding work!). Tested out the buttons. They suck. A lot. They wouldn't fit in the holes in the faceplate. I know for a fact I had installed them correctly. After taking off the silicon/rubber/whatever over the buttons, I made sure I remembered the exact positions of the protrusions on the buttons. I put them in. And it was horrible. O wouldnt work no matter what  did. [] had some issues. The whole homestrip was useless. I know they were 1000 buttons I ordered not 2000 or 3000. I'm not that stupid. So my question is, does coolmods.co.uk suck this bad ALL the time or am I just special? And also, does anyone know where to pick up some white 1000 buttons?

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Buttons Question
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
Yes, most aftermarket buttons suck. They are hard to press and don't feel right.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
i bought the gold psp1k buttons from them, they fit right, but were loose and harder to push. i ended up switching back within a month of having them. but yeah, i agree with psp339, aftermarket buttons suck,unless they are legit sony ones.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: v
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:49:31 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Chrome king NL

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
U need to cut the plastic of the buttons which lays under the faceplate in the same shape as the orignal buttons

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal