Author Topic: Replacing broken MS28 with Hitachi drive  (Read 973 times)

Offline radddogg

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Replacing broken MS28 with Hitachi drive
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
I have just got a 360 with a broken MS28 drive. The disc tray motor won't spin at all. I have swapped the motor with a spare hitachi motor and it still won't spin. I know the easiest option is to buy a new MS28 and swap the pcb however I have this spare hitachi drive which works fine (I get the single red light when I plug it in signifying a key error). Is there a way I can extract the key from the MS28 and swap it out onto the hitachi? All the tutorials I find are for soft modding to play back ups but I just want to replace a broken drive with a working on. Or is there a common known fault that stops the tay motor spinning?

Thanks

Rob

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Re: Replacing broken MS28 with Hitachi drive
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:09 AM »
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm pretty certain that even if you did "Re-marry" the Motherboard with the DVD drive, it would still flash 1 red light. Due to the motherboard not liking the different model of DVD drive.

Its a guess. I don't know anyone who has attempted this but feel free to try. If you do get it working though, MS might block your console from XBL for tampering with it.

I don't know anyone who has attempted this, and I'm pretty certain it would be on a news site that its been done.

But yeah, feel free to try it :)
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Replacing broken MS28 with Hitachi drive
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:16:35 AM »
I believe you can do this with a key extractor from team executer.  swapping mobos probably wont work unless they are really close to being identical.

theres tons of stuff on the net to help you with this, here is one of them:
http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-49.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal