Author Topic: LEDs connected via WLAN switch  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Concat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
LEDs connected via WLAN switch
« on: June 15, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
Hey all, this definitely seems like the mod for me, but I'm not confident in regards to where to connect the LEDs.  All I could find in regards to this mod (specifically the wiring) is this picture:

But it's so tiny I can't see where they wires go on the board.  Can anyone help me out on this?  It seems to me to be one of the easier LED mods for the slim...  easier of course being a relative term.  I don't have the materials or anything yet, just doing some research and hoping one of you guys would help me iron out the details.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
Re: LEDs connected via WLAN switch
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:57 PM »
Look in the slim section, more notably nic0's tut. There are very few differences between the 3000 mobo and 2000 in terms of layout.

Offline Concat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: LEDs connected via WLAN switch
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »
hmm you mean his sound reactive tutorial?  See I don't have much soldering experience or the like apart from a high school electronics class I took ages ago.  I'm looking for the simplest LED mod possible.  In the picture above, you can see he didn't even use a resistor.  May burn out his LEDs faster than wanted, but he definitely didn't muck about with an audio amplifier and 2 resistors...  the 3000 is even tighter than the 2000 as far as I know.  So even more reason not to get too technical.

I'm really hoping someone has a picture of where to connect the LEDs on the 3000 so that the wifi switch controls them.  Or if they can confirm that the layout is similar enough for me to work off of existing slim tuts. 

Anyways, I'm a patient guy and love to tinker with stuff, so I'm confident I can accomplish this with help.  And hey, if someone is feeling generous and wants to take me under their wing...  please PM me :)  I'll give you credit when I post pics and what not of course :)

Is it easier or more difficult to light up a jewel?  It seems like finding the space while maintaining the ability to play UMDs would be difficult. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal